Online contract lawyers
Find out how to get quick access to contract services at a time that suits.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The online legal services industry is able to compete with traditional law firms by being cost-effective and responsive to the needs of the customer. By engaging the right contract lawyer, you can protect your business and get peace of mind in a host of business dealings.
Read on to learn the key points of how an online contract lawyer works. Plus, how to connect with a service.
What is an online contract lawyer?
An online contract lawyer is essentially a lawyer who specialises in contract law and provides most (or all) of their services online. These lawyers typically operate on a fixed-fee which can provide clients with certainty for legal costs. They can provide you with advice on your case, draft contracts and review them. Some online firms also offer memberships for clients for a monthly fee.
When should I use an online contract lawyer?
If you're a small business owner, in particular, you could benefit from connecting with a lawyer when you're starting out. That's because this type of lawyer can inform you of the important risks and legal consequences associated with any contracts you draw up. Additionally, they can also help you understand what the contract might mean for your business' future.
By having your contracts reviewed, you can work towards fairness for both parties as well as outlining practical terms for your business. Some people choose to hire a lawyer before they've even begun drafting a contract, while others will prefer to engage with a legal professional after they've drafted up an agreement.
Compare online legal services
Does your company belong in this list?
What does an Online Contract Lawyer include and not include?
An online contract lawyer can typically help your business with the following:
- Draft and review contracts
- Individually negotiate on your behalf
- Internal company documentation
- Contract disputes, breaches and remedies
If an online contract lawyer only offers its services digitally, it may not be a good fit if your case requires a lot of manual handling. An online lawyer aims to minimise manual processes. If you're looking for administrative legal support, read our guide.
What are the advantages of using an online contract lawyer?
Online lawyers often use technology to maximise their efficiency with regards to the service they provide their clients. Most online law firms design their websites so that their services are accessible and transparent. These types of lawyers often provide an upfront, packaged price. Many offer a free consultation, or instead, you can simply browse their services and quotes online.
An online lawyer is in a number of ways the same as any other lawyer; they aim to make legal help accessible to get the best outcome for their clients.
Do I need to use a lawyer for my contracts?
You can draw up a contract with the help of online legal templates. However, it's generally a good idea to get any contract you write reviewed by an experienced lawyer. Their knowledge of any specific legal ramifications that apply to your situation could prove invaluable.
A good lawyer may also inform you of how you could negotiate a better deal. Compare the online lawyers and their services with our useful guide.
Where to get legal documents and hire the services of an Online Contract Lawyers.
Here's a quick rundown of some of the websites where you can get legal advice and templates:
- LawDepot. Answer a questionnaire to help customise your legal document in a matter of minutes.
- Lawpath. Browse through a list of lawyers to compare and hire ones that suit you best. Sign up for a monthly membership costing $24 in order to access their legal documents with unlimited revisions, customisation and edits.
- LegalVision. Get advice on your contract for a quick turnaround time. You can take advantage of a free consultation.
- Net Lawman. Access a variety of legal documents at Net Lawman. Plus, get your documents reviewed by their legal team.
- Sprintlaw. Sprintlaw offers a fixed fee package tailored to your needs. Alternatively, you can sign up for a membership to get help from one of their experienced lawyers. Access over 100 legal templates with the option of a unique template at a custom quote.
Ask an Expert