Intuit Quickbooks: Rated #1 for small businesses
Use Intuit QuickBooks to simplify how you manage your business’s finances and look forward to a range of benefits.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
QuickBooks, an accounting software package, is an offering from Intuit Inc, an American software company. QuickBooks comes in a version customised for the Australian market, giving small and mid-sized businesses an easy way to manage their finances. Businesses can use QuickBooks to create invoices on recurring schedules to ensure quicker payments, they can use the software to manage BAS and GST, they can handle and convert multiple currencies, and QuickBooks also comes with free payroll software.
Get up to 40% Off from Intuit Quickbooks
New customers can look forward to a free 30 days trial, after which they can choose from three different plans based on their specific requirements.
Pricing and packages
Australian customers, as mentioned, can get a free 30 days trial, and you don’t need to provide credit card details to sign up for the free trial. Using QuickBooks on an ongoing basis gives you the ability to choose from three different plans.
- Simple Start. This plan, priced at $12.00 per month, gives you the ability to track income, expenses, and profits; you can send as many quotes and invoices as you like; you can download transaction details from bank accounts and credit card accounts; you can complete BAS; and you can manage payroll for up to 10 employees for free. Only one person can use QuickBooks Online at a time.
- Essentials. With this plan you get the added ability to manage and pay bills, you have control over what other users using your account can access, you can create expense receipts and remittance advices, and you get the ability to handle multiple currencies. Up to three people can access QuickBooks Online at a time, and you have to pay $17.50 per month.
- Plus. If you want inventory tracking capability and the ability to create and send purchase orders, you should opt for the Plus plan, priced at $21.00 per month. It gives up to five people access to QuickBooks Online at a time, and it comes with all the features provided through the previous two plans.
Features and benefits
- Free payroll software. No matter which plan you get, you get access to free compliant payroll software valued at $40.00, and you can use this to manage payroll of up to 10 employees. This software can help you with payslip notifications, automated superannuation payments, online filing with the Australian Taxation Office, and more.
- Creating invoices. QuickBooks gives you easy means to create invoices, and you can even automate invoices in accordance to varied recurring schedules.
- Multiple currencies. Businesses that deal with international suppliers or customers can benefits by the software’s ability to handle and convert multiple currencies.
- QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Online simplifies creating cash flow statements, it helps you manage accounts receivable, and it also simplifies how you view charts of accounts.
- Preinstalled templates. QuickBooks Online gives you access to a preinstalled balance sheet template that you can use to create your own balance sheet. You can also access preinstalled profit and loss statement and income statement templates to create your own.
- QuickBooks Online Plus. You can use this platform to simplify how you manage accounts payable, which includes tracking and paying bills. You can look forward to accessing, tracking, and organising the same data from multiple devices.
- Access using multiple devices. You can access all your QuickBooks Online data using a desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. The only other thing you need is internet connectivity.
- App partners. You can look forward to integrating different kinds of apps offered by QuickBooks partners, and just what you choose would depend on your requirements. Some sales and marketing partners include Method CRM, Shopify, Practise Ignition, and WooCommerce. Productivity partners include TSheets Time Tracker, eBillity Time Tracker, ServiceM8, and MinuteDock. Operations partners include Unleashed, CIn7, Transaction Pro Importer, and SOS Inventory.
- Free unlimited support. If you ever find yourself looking for answers surrounding the use of QuickBooks, you can get all the help you require for free. If you can’t find a solution for your problem through the online help centre, you can chat with a specialist from 08:30 am to 06:30 pm (AEST), Monday to Friday.
More guides on finder
How to start a small business from home
6 tips to start a successful home based business.
Find out if OnPay could be the right payroll platform for your company.
We take a closer look at the features and pricing of payroll platform Gusto — is it the right choice for your business?
Is SurePayroll the right online payroll provider for your business? Check out our review to find out more.
Free Tax Invoice Templates (Australia)
Here's how to make invoicing work so that your business can get on with delivering value to your customers.
QR code software
Here's everything to keep in mind when choosing QR code software to meet the needs of your business.
Find out why Fishbowl is an inventory management tool that works particularly well for QuickBooks users.
Best Payroll Software
Take advantage of the many payroll software options on the market and streamline your businesses’ payday process.
QuickBooks Inventory Management
QuickBooks helps you manage your accounts, including sending invoices, tracking expenses, managing payroll and even completing your tax.
How to set up direct deposit for your employees
Step-by-step instructions for quick digital payments.
Ask an Expert