Intuit Quickbooks: Rated #1 for small businesses
Use Intuit QuickBooks to simplify how you manage your business’s finances and look forward to a range of benefits.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
QuickBooks, an accounting software package, is an offering from Intuit Inc, an American software company. QuickBooks comes in a version customised for the Australian market, giving small and mid-sized businesses an easy way to manage their finances. Businesses can use QuickBooks to create invoices on recurring schedules to ensure quicker payments, they can use the software to manage BAS and GST, they can handle and convert multiple currencies, and QuickBooks also comes with free payroll software.
New customers can look forward to a free 30 days trial, after which they can choose from three different plans based on their specific requirements.
Pricing and packages
Australian customers, as mentioned, can get a free 30 days trial, and you don’t need to provide credit card details to sign up for the free trial. Using QuickBooks on an ongoing basis gives you the ability to choose from three different plans.
- Simple Start. This plan, priced at $12.00 per month, gives you the ability to track income, expenses, and profits; you can send as many quotes and invoices as you like; you can download transaction details from bank accounts and credit card accounts; you can complete BAS; and you can manage payroll for up to 10 employees for free. Only one person can use QuickBooks Online at a time.
- Essentials. With this plan you get the added ability to manage and pay bills, you have control over what other users using your account can access, you can create expense receipts and remittance advices, and you get the ability to handle multiple currencies. Up to three people can access QuickBooks Online at a time, and you have to pay $17.50 per month.
- Plus. If you want inventory tracking capability and the ability to create and send purchase orders, you should opt for the Plus plan, priced at $21.00 per month. It gives up to five people access to QuickBooks Online at a time, and it comes with all the features provided through the previous two plans.
Features and benefits
- Free payroll software. No matter which plan you get, you get access to free compliant payroll software valued at $40.00, and you can use this to manage payroll of up to 10 employees. This software can help you with payslip notifications, automated superannuation payments, online filing with the Australian Taxation Office, and more.
- Creating invoices. QuickBooks gives you easy means to create invoices, and you can even automate invoices in accordance to varied recurring schedules.
- Multiple currencies. Businesses that deal with international suppliers or customers can benefits by the software’s ability to handle and convert multiple currencies.
- QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Online simplifies creating cash flow statements, it helps you manage accounts receivable, and it also simplifies how you view charts of accounts.
- Preinstalled templates. QuickBooks Online gives you access to a preinstalled balance sheet template that you can use to create your own balance sheet. You can also access preinstalled profit and loss statement and income statement templates to create your own.
- QuickBooks Online Plus. You can use this platform to simplify how you manage accounts payable, which includes tracking and paying bills. You can look forward to accessing, tracking, and organising the same data from multiple devices.
- Access using multiple devices. You can access all your QuickBooks Online data using a desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. The only other thing you need is internet connectivity.
- App partners. You can look forward to integrating different kinds of apps offered by QuickBooks partners, and just what you choose would depend on your requirements. Some sales and marketing partners include Method CRM, Shopify, Practise Ignition, and WooCommerce. Productivity partners include TSheets Time Tracker, eBillity Time Tracker, ServiceM8, and MinuteDock. Operations partners include Unleashed, CIn7, Transaction Pro Importer, and SOS Inventory.
- Free unlimited support. If you ever find yourself looking for answers surrounding the use of QuickBooks, you can get all the help you require for free. If you can’t find a solution for your problem through the online help centre, you can chat with a specialist from 08:30 am to 06:30 pm (AEST), Monday to Friday.
More guides on Finder
Square vs Stripe
Discover how Square and Stripe can help you process your business payments.
Square vs Shopify
We compare two of the leading merchant services on the market: Square and Shopify.
7 ways your SME can use its $1,200 digital rebate in Victoria
Take advantage of a new digital product or service for your Victoria-based SME – and let the government foot the bill.
How to start a delivery business
The skills, equipment and legal documents needed to start a delivery business.
Learn about the key features of Workful, a payroll software that's tailored to meet the needs of small and growing enterprises.
Apple MacBook Air M1 review
Apple's most affordable "Apple Silicon" laptop is an impressively powerful device in a very familiar body and an easy upgrade recommendation.
How to start a corporate merchandising business
From business loans to perfecting your sales expertise, helpful tips for launching your business.
How to start an ebook writing business
Start your own eBook writing business with our guide to the skills, equipment and legal documents you’ll need.
How to start an alterations business
What you need to know before launching an alterations business.
How to start an accounting business
Find out what you need to know before starting an accounting business.
Ask an Expert