Receive cover for up to 44 trauma conditions with OnePath Trauma Cover
When it comes to our health and wellbeing, none of us know what the future holds in store for us. Even those of us who consider ourselves perfectly fit and healthy could fall victim to a serious illness or injury that could result in major life changes. Given the uncertainties that we all face when it comes to serious health issues, it is important to think ahead and ensure you have some sort of protection in place to make life easier in the event that something like this happens to you.
Cover such as OnePath OneCare Trauma Cover is designed to provide financial protection in the event that you fall victim to one of a range of serious illnesses or injuries, making it easier to cope with the huge change in your life. The policy will pay a lump-sum benefit if you suffer one of the 44 trauma conditions covered, including cancer and heart attack.
Why consider OnePath OneCare Trauma Cover?
There are many reasons why you may want to consider taking out OnePath OneCare Trauma Cover. If you are fit and healthy, it is all too easy to fall into the trap of thinking you will always be that way. However, as many people have realised, this is not always the case and a serious illness or injury can strike totally out of the blue.
Having protection such as OnePath OneCare Trauma Cover in place can be invaluable, as the benefit you receive from this cover can help to relieve the strain enormously at a time when you will probably have to deal with a lot of major life changes.
Some of the reasons you need to seriously consider taking out this type of financial protection include:
- Your choice of benefit amount Apply up to $2million in cover to provide financial support for you and your loved in tough times.
- Choice of cover for various medical events OnePath trauma cover offer two types of cover; Trauma Comprehensive, with cover for 47 specified trauma conditions, and Trauma Premier, with cover for 61 specified trauma conditions, including partial payments for 17 events and access to additional benefits (at an extra cost), such as cover for pregnancy complications.
- Receive your benefit as monthly payments With OnePath, you can opt to receive your OneCare Trauma Cover benefit in monthly instalments, instead of a lump sum.
- Cover in the event of death OnePath provides limited cover of $10,000 should you pass away, so your family can meet any immediate expenses, such as funeral costs.
- Additional protection for your children You can include children's insurance with your existing OnePath OneCare Trauma Cover. OnePath OneCare Child Cover protects your children between 2 to 15 years old, with cover for trauma events, terminal illness and death.
- Access to additional protection with Extra Care Cover Take up additional benefits to boost your OnePath OneCare Trauma Cover with three available options - Accidental Death, Terminal Illness and Extended Needlestick Benefit.
- Joint policy premium discounts Apply for cover with your spouse/partner, or business partner and you will be eligible a discount on your premiums.
- Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points Earn 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer point with every dollar of premiums paid for your OnePath OneCare Trauma Cover.
Who can benefit from OnePath OneCare Trauma Cover?
In short, anyone who has financial outgoings, debts, or dependants who rely on them can benefit from taking out OnePath OneCare Trauma Cover. Even if you do not have debts or dependants, you could still benefit from having this coverage in place, as it could assist with everything from paying for better medical treatment to taking time out with a holiday or paying for adaptations to your home. Essentially, the benefit from this cover could help to improve your quality of life in a number of ways.
It is important to remember that certain serious illnesses or injuries can have a major long term or even permanent effect on your lifestyle, which means that you may have to make huge changes. Often, making these changes costs money and this is where the benefit from your OnePath OneCare Trauma Cover comes into play. The payment can really ease the strain at a time when you will have enough to cope with due to the illness or injury you have suffered. By having this cover in place, you have one less thing to worry about at what will already be a difficult and challenging enough time.
Whose eligible for cover under this policy?
The eligibility age for OnePath OneCare Trauma Insurance is:
- 15 to 60 years of age for level premiums (fixed premiums).
- 15 to 65 years of age for stepped premiums (premiums that increase with age).
Does this policy have any exclusions?
Exclusions or circumstances where a OnePath OneCare Trauma Insurance benefit will not be paid include:
- Any trauma condition resulting from an intentional act or omission.
- A specified trauma event that occurs within 90 days of applying for cover such as heart conditions requiring triple vessel angioplasty or aortic surgery.