OnePath EasyProtect Life Cover Product Review
We all want what's best for our loved ones, protecting them not only from the trials and tribulations of everyday life but also from problems such as the financial strains that could have a serious impact upon their lives. However, whilst we might be able to provide for them financially whilst we are still around we also need to think about what would happen if we were no longer there to provide them with financial protection to ensure that they have a home to live in, food on the table, clothes, money for an education and the ability to settle any debts and financial commitments that could otherwise have a negative impact on their lives.
With this in mind, many people put measures in place to ensure that in the event of their death their loved ones are not left struggling financially. With the right protection in place you can help to ensure that if you die your family is provided for with the money they need to ensure their financial security. With having your death to deal with, the last thing that your family will need, is to have their lives turned upside down due to financial problems and with the right cover in place you can help to ensure that this does not happen.
How can OnePath Easy Protect Life cover help?
The OnePath Easy Protect Life cover plan is an insurance plan that enables you to provide your family not only with peace of mind but also with valuable financial protection in the event of your death. There are many financial commitments that your family may have to deal with in the event of your death, which can include:
- Expenses in relation to your funeral
- Dealing with any debts and financial commitments that you may leave behind
- Paying the rent or mortgage on the home, which may be far more difficult if you are a main wage earner
- Dealing with bills, buying food and other essential costs on a reduced household income
- Keeping in top of debts and financial obligations
- Paying for the kids' education and clothing
With the OnePath Easy Protect Life cover plan a lump sum payment is made to your named beneficiaries upon your death, which means that they will not only have the money to deal with your funeral and financial affairs but also to continue with their own lives without having to suffer financially as a result of your demise. Once the lump sum payment has been made to your beneficiaries they can use the money as they wish, so even if you are not a main income earner this money can provide them with a form of inheritance.
The OnePath Easy Protect Life plan also offers an advance payment of the full life benefit in the event that you are diagnosed with a terminal illness and expected to live for less than twelve months. Again, this is a time when the money can prove invaluable for you and your family, as there will be enough for everyone involved to worry about without finances becoming a major issue.
Some of the features of this plan
This is a plan that can be tailored to meet your needs and your budget depending on the level of coverage that you want or need to ensure the financial security of your loved ones in the future. You can also boost this plan by adding optional major illness and injury benefit, which provides even greater peace of mind and protection for the future.
Other features of the OnePath Easy Protect Life cover plan include:
- Discounted premiums when you take out cover for yourself and your partner, which also offers the added bonus of increased peace of mind for both of you
- The ability to choose your level of cover, giving you more control over the premiums that you pay and the level of coverage that you get
- Being able to get up to $1,500,000 in cover based on your age
- An easy application process for your convenience and immediate cover if your application is accepted
- A choice of payment options, as you can pay weekly, fortnightly, monthly or annually – and if you pay annually you can enjoy greater savings
- Being able to benefit from cover that increases on a yearly basis to stay in line with inflation
- Getting worldwide cover so that you can continue to enjoy peace of mind and protection if you are overseas
- The ability to nominate up to five beneficiaries as recipients of the Life Benefits
- The added bonus of being able to earn rewards for making your premium payments in the form of Qantas Frequent Flyer Points – you can earn one point for each dollar that you pay on your premiums