Looking for extra cover for your trip to the slopes? 1Cover Ski Travel Insurance may be the right pick for you
A ski trip is always an exciting adventure whether you are an avid skier or you are just taking to the beginner’s slope. However, while you may have that adventure at a much faster rate if you’ve been skiing for years, from beginner to pro and everyone in between, you are not precluded from accidents or injuries while on a ski trip, which is why 1Cover offers specialised Ski Travel Insurance.
Receive a quote for 1Cover Ski Travel Insurance
Who underwrites 1Cover Travel Insurance?
1Cover Pty Ltd ABN 91 105 954 265, is an authorised representative of Coffre-Fort Pty Limited ABN 66 125 358 518, AFS Licence No. 472457. 1Cover Travel Insurance is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's of London.
You can take out Ski Travel Insurance with 1Cover as a:
- Single policy: This covers you and any dependents travelling with you on your ski trip and is limited to the total of all claims combined, regardless of the number of people eligible under the policy.
- Group cover: Covers you and all people named on the certificate of insurance, for a minimum of 10 people. One certificate of insurance is issued by 1Cover, but all those covered are treated as though they are insured under separate policies.
- Family policy: Provides cover for you and all members of your family, where the benefit limits are for the total claims made, regardless of the number of people on the policy.
What's included in the policy?
If you’ve ever travelled you know the unpredictability which can come with the experience, as there are just so many things which are out of your control. Add in wintry weather conditions and holiday pastimes spent rushing through freshly fallen snow or along recently polished ice and your holiday plans can become quickly derailed. That is why 1Cover have designed this policy specifically to protect your ski travel plans and make sure that no matter what happens, you have the chance to recover and enjoy your trip.
Ski Travel Insurance with 1Cover pays a benefit for:
- Emergency medical assistance and expenses: This means 1Cover will cover you for emergency medical assistance 24 hours, including ambulance cover, medical evacuations, funeral arrangements, messages to your family and hospital guarantees. You’ll also be covered for medical treatment if you become ill or injured, including medical, hospital, surgical, nursing and emergency dental treatment.
- Additional expenses: Pays additional travel and accommodation expenses if you or your travelling companion are unable to travel because you are ill or injured. Also provides for a family emergency if you require additional travel expenses to get home to a relative who has died unexpectedly or been disabled and requires hospitalisation. If you do return home because of the unexpected death or hospitalisation of a relative, 1Cover will provide a benefit for the costs of resuming your journey after this time.
- Cash allowance for hospitalisation: If you are hospitalised for more than 48 consecutive hours while on your ski trip, you will receive a cash allowance of $50 per day.
- Death benefit: If you die within 12 months of your travel as the result of an injury sustained during your trip, your beneficiaries will be eligible for an accidental death pay out from 1Cover.
- Permanent disability cover: If you become permanently disabled for at least 12 months with an expectation the disability will continue indefinitely 1Cover can pay a disability benefit. Permanent disability is defined as the total loss of sight in one or both eyes or the loss of the use of a hand or foot. The disability must occur within 12 months of and be the result of, an injury you suffered during your travel.
- Loss of income benefit: If you become disabled within 30 days of an injury sustained on your journey and you are unable to work for more than 30 days upon returning from your journey, you will be eligible for an income replacement benefit.
- Loss or theft of money or personal items: Your Ski Travel Insurance includes cover for the replacement of your credit card or travel money if it is lost or stolen, including reimbursement of any loss as the result of fraudulent use of your cards. 1Cover will also cover the cost to replace your travel documents such as your passport or traveller’s cheques which are lost or stolen. If you have bank notes, cash, currency notes, postal orders or money orders stolen from you during your trip, 1Cover will replace these. Plus your Ski Travel Insurance will also cover the depreciated value of luggage or personal effects which are stolen or damaged accidentally, including luggage, spectacles, personal effects, personal computers and cameras.
- Emergency rescue: If you require hospital treatment 1Cover will cover the cost of emergency evacuation from the ski slopes to the nearest hospital.
- Snow and ski equipment: If your snow skiing equipment is lost, stolen or damaged, 1Cover will pay for you to hire the equipment you need during your trip. 1Cover will also cover the cost of any unused ski passes, ski hire, tuition fees or life passes if you are unable to use these because of illness or injury.
- Closures: If you are unable to ski at the resort you have booked into because of piste closure, 1Cover will pay for your travel to an alternative resort, or the purchase of additional ski passes. If your return travel is delayed for more than 12 hours because of an avalanche or bad weather, 1Cover will pay for any additional travel and accommodation expenses.
Who's eligible for cover?
You can apply for 1Cover Ski Travel Insurance cover if:
- You are an Australian resident.
- You purchase your policy before you begin your ski trip.
- Your journey begins and ends in Australia.
- You are 65 years or under.
- You nominate the geographical region for your journey.