Get peace of mind for your next domestic trip with 1Cover's Domestic Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is an important part of your holiday planning, whether you are travelling around the world, around the country or around the corner. While the dangers and potential for disaster may be greater the further you travel from home, there is still an investment of money, time and expectations on a domestic holiday, so protect yourself, your family and your holiday memories with Domestic Travel Insurance from 1Cover.
Receive a Free Quote for 1Cover's Domestic Travel Insurance
Who underwrites 1Cover Travel Insurance?
1Cover Pty Ltd ABN 91 105 954 265, is an authorised representative of Coffre-Fort Pty Limited ABN 66 125 358 518, AFS Licence No. 472457. 1Cover Travel Insurance is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's of London.
What does this policy include?
Most Australians put a lot of effort into planning their holidays at home and one of the reasons is that there’s just so much to see and do. A trip to local wine country doesn’t just involve the B&B accommodation, but perhaps also tour buses, bike hire, private dining experiences or even hot air balloon rides. Therefore, if something were to happen to postpone, delay or otherwise derail your holiday plans, wouldn’t it be reassuring to know that you won’t be out of pocket for those experiences you’d been looking forward to and that you would still be able to enjoy your holiday no matter what?
With 1Cover Domestic Travel Insurance you can have that security and peace of mind, because their policy offer all the inclusions you need to make sure your holiday anywhere in Australia is protected against the worst. 1Cover Domestic Travel Insurance includes cover for:
- Travel anywhere in Australia. You can take out domestic travel insurance with 1Cover for your holiday in any part of Australia, including Thursday Island.
- Luggage and personal effects. 1Cover will pay the repair or replacement cost of ay of your luggage or personal effects which are lost, stolen or accidentally damaged during your trip. The value paid will be calculated based on the depreciation of the items due to wear and tear, where payment will not be more than the original value of the item. The amount 1Cover will pay for each of your insured items depends on the plan you choose. You cannot make a claim for the loss of or damage to personal effects which are left unattended.
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits. If your journey is cancelled or shortened for reasons outside of your control, you can be paid cancellation fees and any lost deposits you have already paid on travel and accommodation arrangements. For example, 1Cover Domestic Travel Insurance will pay travel agent cancellation fees of up to $1,500 for single or group cover and $3,000 for family cover. 1Cover will also pay for the loss of frequent flyer or other reward travel points you may have used to purchase your airline ticket if that ticket is cancelled and you cannot have the points returned any other way. You can also receive payment for your cancelled or changed travel plans in the event of a relative being hospitalised or dying, for up to $2,000 of cancellation fees on a single or group policy and up to $4,000 for group cover.
- Rental vehicle excess. If the rental vehicle you have hired is involved in an accident or is damaged or stolen, you can receive an insurance payout for the insurance excess to the rental company, or for the cost of repairing the vehicle – whichever is less. In addition 1Cover will also pay up to $500 for the cost of returning the vehicle to the nearest rental depot if you are medically certified as unable to do this yourself.
- Family emergency. This feature can pay a benefit if you, a travelling companion or a relative dies unexpectedly, is disabled by an injury or becomes seriously ill and requires hospitalisation, except in the case of a pre-existing medical condition. 1Cover will reimburse your costs of returning from holiday up to the value of $2,000 for a single or group cover and up to $4,000 for family cover.
- Additional accommodation and travel expenses. 1Cover will reimburse you any additional accommodation and travel expenses if you are unable to travel because of an injury or illness and require immediate medical treatment. Additional expenses can also be paid for by 1Cover if you have to disrupt your journey due to the cancellation of scheduled connecting transport because of a strike, riot, hijack, civil protest, weather or a natural disaster. Also if you unknowingly break a quarantine rule or if you lose your passport, travel documents or credit cards, or if they are stolen.
- Disruption of journey. You can be reimbursed the cost of reasonable additional meals and accommodation if your journey is disrupted for at least six hours, because of circumstances outside of your control. You will receive $200 after six hours and $200 for each full 24 hour period after the first six hours.
Ready to apply for 1Cover Domestic Travel Insurance?
If the features and benefits of 1Cover Domestic Travel Insurance sound like a good fit for your next trip, you can follow the secure link located on the finder.com.au website to receive a quote completely free of charge. We recommend you take the time to read through the terms and conditions of the product disclosure statement (PDS) to make sure you know exactly what you will and will not be covered for.