Enjoy a range of interest-free periods with a Once card.
Once lets you choose from two card options to help you make purchases and pay them off over an extended term, interest-free.
You can apply for approval online or in-store as you shop. Approval is immediate and available at a wide network of stores across Australia. You can also use the Once card outside of participating stores wherever Visa is accepted. You make the purchases as usual and repay with the Once interest-free terms.
How does Once work?
You can submit applications online, on the phone or in-store. The online process is 100% paperless with quick approval. With in-store applications, you can sign up with sales personnel and go home with your purchase on the same day.
- The Once Agile Card offers 0% interest for 6 months on purchases of $250 or more in one transaction. You can also benefit from up to 55 days interest-free on purchases less than $250 and up to 48 months interest-free when you shop at participating retailers. Keep in mind an annual fee of $99 p.a. applies and the standard variable rate of 23.99% p.a.
- The Once 55 Day Card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases and up to 48 months interest-free when you shop at participating retailers. Keep in mind an annual fee of $99 p.a. will apply, and the standard variable rate of 23.99% p.a. will apply to balances outside of the promotional period and to cash advances.
Features of shopping with Once
Here are some of the features of the Once payment plan.
- Easy approval. You can apply for approval online or in the store as you shop. Approval is quick as long as you meet the requirements and provide the necessary information.
- Interest-free repayments. Various interest-free terms are available, including six months for single purchases of $250 or more with the Once Agile card, up to 55 days with both cards and interest-free terms for up to 48 months at participating retailers with both cards.
- Balance transfer. Both cards offer a 0% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfers.
- Apple Pay. You can link both cards to Apple Pay for convenient purchases in-store.
- Tap2Pay. Android users can download Tap2Pay for easy in-store purchasing.
- Easy repayments. Your first repayment is due 55 days after you open your account and then at the end of every month. You can make repayments via direct debit, BPAY or Post Billpay.
- Ability to increase credit limit. You can apply for up to $30,000, and you have the option to apply for increased credit, depending on your financial profile.
- Credit protection cover available. You can apply for credit cover for a premium equal to $0.45 of every $100 of the monthly outstanding balance. If you’re unable to make repayments because of illness, an accident or involuntary unemployment, this protection policy will cover your Once repayments.
- Manage your account online. You can activate your card, transfer funds and pay your bill with BPAY online.
How much will this cost?
These are some of the fees associated with the Once account.
- Annual fee. A fee of $99 p.a. is charged when you open your account and then on the account’s anniversary.
- Payment fee. Whenever you make a payment that isn’t a direct debit, a fee of $2.50 applies.
- Dishonour fee. If you fail to make payments, a fee of $15 applies.
- Late payment fee. If the minimum amount due is not paid by the due date, you are liable for a fee of $35.
How to sign up with Once
Signing up for an account is easy and approval is granted quickly after submission. You can apply in-store as you shop or online by selecting an interest-free plan. Single and joint applications are allowed.
In order to qualify for this credit, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Be a permanent Australian resident
- Earn at least $25,000 per year
- Have not declared bankruptcy
You’ll have to include the following in your application:
- Valid driver’s licence, Australian passport or Medicare card
- Proof of income
- Details about your assets and liabilities
Have more questions?
How do I access my funds?
You can spend in-store, online or by withdrawing cash from an ATM.
What will I be charged for using my cash?
If your purchase is eligible as an interest-free purchase, you won’t be charged interest for it until the interest-free period lapses. However, you will need to make regular repayments. If you withdraw cash at an ATM, you won’t be charged an ATM fee if you withdraw cash from the rediATM network, including NAB and BOQ ATMs, but you will be charged the cash advance rate.
How can I find participating retailers?
Visit the Once website to search for retailers.