Enjoy interest-free periods from 6 to 48 months with a Once credit card.
Once lets you choose from two card options to help you make purchases and pay them off over an extended term, without accruing interest for 6 up to 48 months.
You can apply for a Once credit card online or in-store. Approval is immediate and available at the network of partner retailers across Australia. You can also use a Once card outside of participating stores wherever Visa is accepted.
How does Once work?
A Once credit card functions like a normal credit card where you use it to get your purchases now and pay for them later. The difference of a Once card lies in the amount of time you have to pay off those purchases. With a network of partner retailers across Australia, you could have from 6 to 48 months interest-free. If a retailer you shop with doesn't offer extended terms, you can still take advantage of Once's standard interest free terms. Keep in mind that you still have to make the minimum monthly repayments.
- The Once Agile Card offers a promotional 0% interest for 6 months on purchases of $250 or more in one transaction. You can also benefit from up to 55 days interest-free on purchases less than $250 and up to 48 months interest-free when you shop at participating retailers. Keep in mind an annual fee of $99 p.a. applies and the standard variable rate of 25.99% p.a.
- The Once 55 Day Card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases and up to 48 months interest-free when you shop at participating retailers. Keep in mind an annual fee of $99 p.a. will apply, and the standard variable rate of 25.99% p.a. will apply to balances outside of the promotional period and to cash advances.
Features of shopping with Once
Here are some of the features of a Once credit card.
- Simple application. You can apply for approval online, over the phone or in-store at a Once partner retailer. Approval is quick as long as you meet the requirements and provide the necessary information.
- Interest-free repayments. Various interest-free terms are available, including six months for single purchases of $250 or more with the Once Agile card, up to 55 days with both cards and interest-free terms for up to 48 months at participating retailers with both cards.
- Balance transfer. Both cards offer a 0% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfers.
- Apple Pay. You can link Once cards to Apple Pay for convenient purchases in-store. It is compatible with most newer models of the iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
- Credit protection cover available. You can apply for credit cover for a premium equal to $0.45 of every $100 of the monthly outstanding balance. If you’re unable to make repayments because of illness, an accident or involuntary unemployment, this protection policy will cover your Once repayments.
How much will this cost?
These are some of the fees associated with the Once account.
- Annual fee. A fee of $99 p.a. is charged when you open your account and then on the account’s anniversary.
- International transaction fee. If you spend on your Once card in a currency other than Australian dollars, you will be charged a 3% fee.
- Cash advance fee. If you use a Once card to make a cash withdrawal or to make a cash-equivalent transaction you will be charged $3.00 or 3% of the total cash advance amount, whichever is greater.
- Payment handling fee. Whenever you make a payment that isn’t a direct debit, a fee of $2.50 applies.
- Late payment fee. If the minimum amount due is not paid by the due date, you are liable to pay $35.
How to sign up with Once
Signing up for an account is easy and approval decisions are made quickly after you apply. You can apply in-store with a Once partner retailer, over the phone or online by selecting an interest-free plan. Single and joint applications are allowed.
In order to qualify for this credit, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Be a permanent Australian resident
- Earn at least $25,000 per year
- Have not declared bankruptcy
You’ll have to include the following in your application:
- Valid driver’s licence, Australian passport or Medicare card
- Proof of income
- Details about your assets and liabilities