Ola launches in Adelaide with free rides
Score a free ride worth $20 for this week only.
Ola, the not-so new kid on the rideshare block, is continuing its expansion across Australia by launching today in Adelaide with its signature free-ride offer.
Ever eager to steal business away from competitors such as Uber and Taxify, Ola is giving riders in Adelaide a free journey, worth up to $20. This can be redeemed within the first week of the launch by downloading the app through the iTunes store or via Google Play.
To be fair, this offer is a step down from its Melbourne launch offering, which featured two free rides, and an even further step down from its Sydney launch offering, which featured three free rides. Nevertheless, it's sure to get you across the city for nix (or next to).
There's no news yet whether follow-up deals will apply, but in the past, Ola has offered 50% off subsequent rides to steer you away from the other rideshare players. It's already remaining competitive against big stakeholders such as Uber with a like-for-like pricing structure, airport pick-ups and basic economy and maxi vehicles.
Following this launch, Ola plans to expand its service into Darwin and Hobart. We'll keep you updated when we know more.
- What I learned from using Google in Japan
- The very best travel deals to scoop up in Click Frenzy™ 2019
- Overseas flights from $577 return, 5% off cruises and more in the latest Flight Centre sale
- Revealed: All the travel brands in this year’s Click Frenzy™ 2019
- Flights of the Week: Tasmania, Asia and Europe