Ola driver guide Perth
Interested in signing up as an Ola driver in Perth? Here's what you need to know.
Ola may have only arrived in Australia in January 2018, but it's already shaking up Uber and its other rideshare competitors. Initially launching in Melbourne and Sydney, India-based rideshare company Ola has now branched out to Perth and offers some subtle benefits that have other rideshare drivers interested.
Read on to find out how Ola compares with Uber in Perth and how to sign up as an Ola driver. You'll also discover some different options to finance a car to drive with Ola.
About Ola in Perth
Ola is an Indian company that has been operating successfully in India since 2010. Launching in Australia earlier in 2018, Ola offers largely the same service as other rideshare providers like Uber, in addition to a range of features for drivers including daily payments and an initial commission discount. Other features like a 24/7 hotline, real-time location sharing and SOS alerts benefit both riders and drivers.
Where does Ola operate?
After initially launching in Sydney and Melbourne only, Ola now operates in the following Australian cities:
Driving criteria to register to be an Ola driver in Perth
Despite being operated by one company in Australia, Ola drivers need to meet slightly different eligibility criteria depending on the city they're operating in. The driving criteria for an Ola driver in Perth include:
The benefits of being an Ola driver in Perth
Some of the benefits of driving with Ola in Perth include:
- Low commissions. New drivers are charged 7.5% commission initially, reverting to 15% commission after 30 days.
- Daily payments. All money earned as an Ola driver is paid into the driver's bank account the following business day. Other rideshare providers like Uber tend to pay drivers weekly.
- SOS button. The Ola app features an SOS button that drivers can press at any time to signal that they need urgent help.
- 24/7 support. Drivers can contact Ola by email or phone at any time of the day with questions or queries.
- Free registration. There is no cost to register as an Ola driver.
- Online registration. The registration process is completed fully online.
- Ride direction preferences. The Ola app allows drivers to specify the direction in which they're travelling and will only assign jobs heading in that same direction.
Comparing Uber to Ola
When comparing your options and weighing up your decision between Uber and Ola in Perth, keep in mind that you don't have to make a final decision about driving for only one. Many drivers successfully juggle both rideshare services, making themselves available for one or the other depending on the incentives offered or the number of fares available on a given day or time.
|Ease of signup||Signup completed fully online|
|Available cities||Australian rollout began in January 2018, now in six major Australian cities||Every major Australian city|
|Getting paid||Daily payments received the following business day||Weekly payments|
|Commission rates||25% commission rate|
Ola signup process
Signing up as an Ola driver is a quick and simple online process. First, go through the list of documents above and get everything ready. You'll also need to have your mobile phone handy to verify your phone number. Then, proceed to the online signup page and log in with your Google account. Simply follow the prompts and upload copies of the documents as required.
Once everything has been submitted, your registration will be reviewed by an Ola staff member and you will soon be notified if you have been accepted as an Ola driver.
Drive for Ola with these car options
Want to drive for Ola but don't have a suitable car? Whether you're looking to rent a car or purchase a car outright, the following options are available. Specifically designed with rideshare drivers in mind, many of these car finance options include insurance, fuel discounts and other benefits.
Ask an Expert