Ola driver guide Canberra
Looking for flexible work in Canberra? Find out if signing up to drive with Ola is right for you.
Rideshare has been taking off in Australia for not only riders but drivers as well, and now there are more platforms for you to consider if you're looking to get into the rideshare game. Ola is one of the newer Uber contenders that has set up shop in multiple Australian cities, including the nation's capital. If you're a current rideshare driver looking to diversify your rides or you're new to the rideshare game, this guide will tell you everything you need to know about driving with Ola in Canberra.
Ola: A quick background
Ola is a large international rideshare platform that currently operates in 100 cities across India and Australia. Its rideshare drivers operate a range of vehicles including rickshaws, cabs and taxis, and it says it's focused on technology to ensure its customers and driver-partners have a safe and convenient experience. There are currently over 1 million driver-partners on the Ola platform.
What cities in Australia does Ola operate?
Currently, Ola is available in the following cities:
What eligibility criteria do you need to meet to sign up as an Ola driver?
The eligibility criteria for Ola differs between cities. To sign up to drive with Ola in Canberra, you need to meet the following criteria.
What benefits do Ola drivers get in Canberra?
There are a number of advantages to signing up as an Ola driver in Canberra. These include the following:
- Daily payments. Uber and Taxify both pay their drivers weekly, but with Ola, you will receive whatever money is owed to you the following business day.
- Attractive introductory commission rate. The introductory commission rate for Ola drivers is 7.5%, helping you earn more when you first start to drive and get used to their systems.
- Ongoing commission structure. The ongoing rate for Ola drivers is 15%.
- Easy sign-up process. The sign-up process for Ola is simple and completed online. There is also a handy video showing you what to expect on the Ola website.
- A large international company. Ola has operations all over the world and currently operates in over 110 cities.
- Support for drivers. You can contact Ola 24/7 for support and you have access to an SOS button in the Ola app.
- Choose your trip direction. If you're planning on heading home, you can select your direction of travel so you don't end up too far from home.
Ola vs Uber: How do rideshare companies compare for Canberra drivers?
We've compared the two major rideshare companies available in Canberra to help you decide which to sign up for.
|Where it's available||Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Gold Coast and Canberra||In every state (NT in 2018)|
|Requirements for your vehicle||The car needs to be||The car needs to be|
|How you're paid||Daily bank transfer||Weekly bank transfer|
|Commission structure||7.5% introductory commission for the first 30 days, increases to 15% as an ongoing rate||25%|
|Ease of sign up||Online application||Online application followed by in-person training and vehicle inspection|
How do you sign up as an Ola driver in Canberra?
The Ola driver sign-up process is completed online and relatively simple. First, head to Ola's website and sign in with your Google account. You'll need to provide some personal details, verify your mobile number and then provide information about the vehicle you'll be driving with. This includes whether you own the car. You will also need to provide all of the documents outlined above as images.
Once you've completed the application process, Ola will review it. You will be notified relatively quickly whether you have been accepted as an Ola driver.
Find vehicles to drive with Ola in Canberra
Ask an Expert