Everyone's favourite beer festival is back! Here are the best places to celebrate in Sydney this Oktoberfest.
Raise your steins, the 16-day beer festival has come around again! Kicking off mid-September, Oktoberfest brings people from all over the world to celebrate.
For the love of beer and all things German, it’s time to dust those dirndls off, pull on your lederhosen and join in the Oktoberfest action.
Here are the best parties happening in Sydney this year. Or, book your spot on tour for the real thing next year here.
Oktoberfest parties in Sydney
1. Oktoberfest In The Gardens
- When: 27 October 2018, 1pm-9pm
- Where: The Domain, Sydney CBD
- Beer selection: Hofbrau Original Lager, Hofbrau Dunkel, Paulaner Lager, Paulaner Pilsner, Lowenbrau Original, Spaten Munich Hell Lager, Steigl Goldbrau, Franziskaner Hefe Weissbier, Weidmann Pilsner
- For more information and tickets: Oktoberfest in the Gardens
The hugely popular Oktoberfest In The Gardens comes to Sydney every year.
When it arrives, it brings with it all the best German beers, ciders and wines, as well as food stalls, performers, entertainment and competitions across various stages from afternoon to night.
With a complimentary drink and commemorative event stein, there’s no better place to celebrate Oktoberfest.
Get in quick as Oktoberfest In The Gardens is usually a sell-out event.
2. Munich Brauhaus
- When: 22 September – 28 October 2018
- Where: Munich Brauhaus, Cnr Playfair & Argyle St, The Rocks
- Beer selection: Paulaner Hefe Weissbier Dunkel, Hacker Pschorr Dunkel Weiss, Spaten Munich Hell and Lowenbrau
- For more information: Munich Brauhaus
It all kicks off on 22 September at Munich Brauhaus with the traditional tapping of the Oktoberfest kegs.
What follows are the drinking of 5 official Oktoberfest beers, enormous feasting menus (in more ways than one), Oom-pah-pah bands, a street party and the chance to win a trip to Munich.
Stay tuned for more details are they come in.
3. Bavarian Bier Cafe
- When: 22 September – 28 October 2018
- Where: Every Bavarian Bier Cafe in Sydney - Bondi Beach, Chatswood, Crows Nest, Entertainment Quarter, Manly, Parramatta, Miranda, Sydney CBD
- Beer selection: Biers from Hofbrau, Lowenbrau, Paulaner and Spaten.
- For more information: Bavarian Bier Cafe
Take your Oktoberfest celebrations to another level at Bavarian Bier Cafes across Sydney where you'll be able to try four of the best pier beers straight from tents in Munich!
5 biers will be available, which you can pace yourself with over the weeks, giving you the perfect excuse to return to the party time and time again. Or, to bar hop and check out all the Bavarian Bier Cafes in the city. We don't judge.
4. Concordia Club
- When: TBA
- Where: Concordia Club, Mackay Park, Richardson Crescent, Tempe
- For more information: Concordia Club
Concordia Club has yet to reveal its plans for Oktoberfest, but if past events are anything to go by you can expect weekends filled with fun festivities. The club tends to kick things off with live music, dancers, beers and food aplenty.
With two weekend's worth of Oktoberfest cheer, there’s no better excuse to get the whole family dressed in dirndls and lederhosen and dance to the Oom Pah Pah!
5. German Austrian Club
- When: 29 September 2018, 11am-late
- Where: German-Austrian Club, 73-75 Curtin St, Cabramatta
- For more information: German Austrian Club
If the idea of pork knuckle, schnitzel, bratwurst, langos, leberkaese, beer and apple Schnapps sounds like fun, get down to German Austrian Club on Saturday 29 September 2018 to celebrate Oktoberfest in true Bavarian style.
It kicks off at 11am when the club's president taps the first keg setting the flow of bier into motion. With entertainment from German and brass bands and souvenir steins up for grabs , it will be a event for the whole family to enjoy.
Entry is $15 for guests or free for members and children under 12.
6. The Carrington
- When: 27 October 2018
- Where: The Carrington, 15-47 Katoomba St, Katoomba, Blue Mountains
- Beer selection: Lowenbrau on tap and special Katoomba Brewing Company Oktoberfest Lager
- For more information: The Carrington
For one day and one day only, the historic grounds of The Carrington in the Blue Mountains is transformed into a family-friendly Munich-inspired festival. As a bonus, the local Katoomba Brewing Company's specially brewed Oktoberfest Lager will be available. As will a jumping castle for the kiddies.
7. Bankstown Sports Club
- When: 2 September to 31 October 2018
- Where: 8 Greenfield Parade, Bankstown
- Beer selection: Helles Biere
- For more information: Bankstown Sports Club
When it comes to Oktoberfest celebrations, Bankstown Sports Club knows that it all comes down to the big Bavarian feast. So from of September through October it's serving up an authentic 2-course lunch and dinner in its Platform One restaurant for $39.
That's traditional German prezel, pork knuckle and apple raisin strudel for those playing at home. Wash it down with a stein of Brewhouse Oktoberfest hells biere - which will set you back just $5 for your first and $8 for every stein after.
8. Austrian Club Sydney
- When: 6 October 2018
- Where: 20 Grattan Crescent, Frenchs Forest
- For more information: Austrian Club Sydney
For an authentic Austrian Oktoberfest experience, head to this club in Frenchs Forest.
Its event is called Oktoberfest Dance and as the name suggests features traditional folk dancing by Pagger Buam, who come direct from Austria. Entry for members is $12 or $15 for guests.
9. The German Club
- When: 12-14 October 2018
- Where: The German Club, 636A Northcliffe Dr, Kembla Grange
- Beer selection: Special Oktoberfest beers
- For more information: German Club
The German Club celebrates the world's favourite beer festival from 12-14 October. You can pre-purchase tickets right now or put your hand up to volunteer to be part of the big celebration. This year's event is bathed in competitions so start training now to take on some stomach turning sausage eating or work your muscles to win the title of strong man or woman. There's also a best beard competition, if that're more your thing.
If you simply want to sit back and enjoy the atmosphere, The German Club has plenty of live music, German dance performances and kids' activities such as a balloon animal blower and face painting for you.
Best Oktoberfest costumes to set the scene
Bavarian Man Costume
Oktoberfest embroidered Ladies cotton brown Lederhosen
Baby Lederhosen Costume
Bavarian Wench Costume
Bavarian German Lederhosen Beer Oktoberfest Costume
Light in the box
Oktoberfest Costume - Female
Didn't find what you were looking for? Browse these costume shops for your oom-pah-pah-perfect costume!
Catch last-minute flights to Germany
Popular Flights coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|14 Feb 2019||China flights from $610 return||********|
|21 Feb 2019||Scoot sale: International flights from $658 return||********|
|20 Feb 2019||Domestic flights from $89||********|
|18 Feb 2019||Europe flights from $1,022 return||********|
|15 Feb 2019||Japan flights from $663 return||********|