Any holiday that is about eating great food and drinking great beer is our kind of event. If you feel the same then check out the best places to celebrate Oktoberfest in Perth.
Oktoberfest is one of the world’s biggest celebrations of the fine art of beer making (and drinking).
In Germany over 7 million litres of beer will be drunk over the 16 days of the festival. In Australia we probably won’t drink that much, but we can certainly try. With your help, obviously.
Feature image: Oktoberfest in the Gardens, Perth
Dress up and drink up for Oktoberfest
Oktoberfest parties in Perth
1. Oktoberfest in the Gardens
- When: Saturday 6 October 2018
- Where: Langley Park, Perth CBD
- Beer selection: Weihenstephan, Hofbrau, Paulaner, Spaten, Hundehaus and many more.
- For more information: Oktoberfest in the Gardens
Oktoberfest in the Gardens is one of Australia’s largest Oktoberfest celebrations, with massive events taking place in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. Highlights in Perth include two massive big top beer halls, sideway alley, silent disco and a commemorative stein and complimentary beer upon arrival.
2. Elmar's Oktoberfest
- When: 13 and 20 October (11am-5pm)
- Where: 8731 West Swan Road, Henley Brook
- Beer selection: A variety of German beers and Elmar's traditional Märzen Oktoberfest Bier
- For more information: Elmar’s Oktoberfest
Elmar's is renowned in the Swan Valley for its parties and German food. It was founded and is still managed by a married German couple who emigrated to Australia in 1987. They brought with them a heap of authentic recipes and will be cranking out great food and beer throughout their national holiday.
Both 13 and 20 October events are 18+.
3. Rhein-Donau Club - Oktoberfest Perth
- When: Every Friday and Saturday from 29 September to 27 October 2018, 2pm-8:30pm
- Where: The Rhein-Donau Club, 110 North Lake Road, Myaree
- Beer selection: German beverages
- For more information: Rhein-Donau Club
For that completely authentic Oktoberfest celebration, the local German club is where it's at. Rhein-Donau's presence in Perth goes back to 1959 and is dedicated to the countries that the two main rivers, the Rhein and the Danube pass, including Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
In September and October, its events can only be dedicated to one thing: Oktoberfest. Every Friday and Saturday it reels in a celebration package of live German music, beverages, cuisine, stein holding competitions, dancers, bell ringers, wood choppers and more for locals and visitors alike to enjoy. Wunderbar!
4. Oktoberfest @ ECU
- When: 21 September 2018, 3pm-late
- Where: Building 10 Courtyard, ECU Joondalup
- Beer selection: Range of Hofbrau beer, spirits and cider
- For more information: ECU
Edith Cowan University has been putting on an Oktoberfest show since 2013 for its members and this year is no different.
At $10 a ticket for members and $15 for non-members it's one of the best priced festivals in town and features all the right trimmings including live German music, German cuisine, competitions and German grog.
There's also an afterparty for anyone who wants to kick on. PS - that's you.
5. Belgian Beer Cafe
- When: 13 October 2018, 3pm-6pm
- Where: King & Murray Streets, Perth
- Beer selection: Plenty of beers on tap
- For more information: Belgian Beer Cafe
Okay, so it isn’t technically a German restaurant, but Belgium loves its food and beer almost as much as Germany.
In celebration of Oktoberfest the Belgian is hosting an evening of "ompah" complete with live music, Bavarian inspired food, competitions and door prizes. Entry is $40 which include 2 beers and food paddle.
Best Oktoberfest costumes
Bavarian Wench Costume
Bavarian Guy Mens Costume
Miss Oktoberfest Costume
Best Oktoberfest beers to down
Weihenstephan Hefe Weissbier
Lowenbrau Original Beer
Schofferhofer Kristallweizen Beer