Oktoberfest is just around the corner so we've done the hard yards and found the best Oktoberfest parties happening in Brisbane this year. Here’s where you can celebrate:
What’s better than beer? Not much except Oktoberfest: an entire festival dedicated to celebrating beer and German culture!
It’s no wonder over 6 million people flock to Munich, Germany every year to take part in the festivities. The 16-day festival usually runs from late September to the first weekend in October and is packed full of frothy Bavarian beers, traditional beer steins, sauerkraut, pork knuckle and giant pretzels.
If you can’t make it to Munich, don’t fret as we’ve put together the best parties happening around Brisbane so you won’t miss out.
DRESS RIGHT: Top Oktoberfest costumes
DRINK RIGHT: German and Oktoberfest-inspired beers
EXPERIENCE THE REAL THING: Book an Oktoberfest tour for next year's celebrations
Oktoberfest parties in Brisbane 2018
- When: 5-7 October 2018 and 12-14 October 2018
- Where: Brisbane Showgrounds, 600 Gregory Terrace, Brisbane
- Beer selection: Lager and Wheat Beer (weissbier), German-style dark beer (Dunkelbier), German & Australian wines, German sparkling "Sekt", champagne, schnaps mixers
- For more information: Oktoberfest Brisbane
Every year Brisbane Showgrounds transforms into a German town festival as it hosts Australia’s largest Oktoberfest celebration.
It has been rated as one of the top 10 Oktoberfests outside of Germany, with activities for the whole family.
All the fun happens over two weekends in October bringing together those who love German culture, food and, of course, beer!
- When: 26-28 October 2018
- Where: 416 Vulture Street, East Brisbane
- Beer selection: Various different German beers have appeared for previous Oktoberfests, including Pils, Weizen, Dunkel, Pschorr and Larger. This year, we're expecting much of the same.
- For more information: German Club
The Brisbane German Club is hard to beat with dozens of German beers on offer. What better excuse to try them all in the name of German tradition?
With a three-day celebration organised, embrace your inner German and enjoy traditional folk dancing, entertainment and food at German Club this year.
Bavarian Bier Cafe
- When: 22 September - 28 October 2018
- Where: Eagle Street Pier, 45 Eagle Street, Brisbane CBD, Brisbane
- Beer selection: Löwenbräu Oktoberfestbier, Hofbrau Muchen Oktoberfestbier, Paulaner Oktoberfestbier, Spaten Oktoberfestbier.
- Book your table: via OpenTable
- For more information: Bavarian Beer Cafe
Lads, don your lederhosens and ladies get dressed in your dirndl as your local Bavarian Beer Cafe is celebrating big this year with festivities kicking off September and running all the way through October.
- When: 1-14 October 2018
- Where: Throughout Brisbane
- For more information: German Week
More than an Oktoberfest celebration, German Week is a full 14 days (we know, the name of the event is confusing) celebrating not just German beer but its culture.
On the bill is a German language competition, German National Day classical concert, Science and Innovation Day, German movie night and, of course, Oktoberfest celebrations at Brisbane Showgrounds.
Best Oktoberfest costumes
Bavarian Man Costume
Oktoberfest embroidered Ladies cotton brown Lederhosen
Baby Lederhosen Costume
Bavarian Wench Costume
Bavarian German Lederhosen Beer Oktoberfest Costume
Light in the box
Oktoberfest Costume - Female
Didn't find what you were looking for? Check out the best costume sites for that Oom-pah-pah-perfect costume.
Best German beers to down
Grolsch Premium Lager Swing Top
DAB Original German Beer Cans
Catch last-minute flights to Germany
Popular Flights coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|9 Oct 2018||10% off select domestic and international flights||KLM****|
|11 Dec 2018||Free Dubai hotel stay||ANZ****|
|20 Feb 2018||$120 off first class seats||FIR****|
|12 Dec 2018||Asia flights from $281 return||********|
|10 Dec 2018||France flights from $915 return||********|