OK Money Settlement Loan
Need some funds to bridge the gap when you're expecting a settlement or payout?
Please note that OK Money is no longer in operation. The information on this page has been kept for the benefit of those who are interested and historical records only.
Maximum loan amount
Varies based on payout date
Term of loan
|Product Name||OK Money Settlement Loan|
|Minimum loan amount||$2,001|
|Maximum loan amount||$5,000|
|Loan term||Varies based on payout date|
|Turnaround time||Same day - conditions apply|
|Costs||$400 application fee and 48% p.a.APR|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||No|
- OK Money is no longer in operation. The information on this page has been kept for the benefit of those who are interested and historical records only.
How do OK Money Settlement Loan work?OK Money has its presence felt in three Australian states, through 18 stores, and you can visit any of these to apply for a settlement loan. You can apply for this loan only if you’re expecting guaranteed funds from some kind of a settlement or a payout, and to apply, you have to provide details of this. Applying for this loan also requires that your solicitor signs an irrevocable authority document.
Once you supply all the required information and paperwork, processing the application can take between 30 minutes and one hour depending on whether you’re a new or repeat customer. The process will take longer if you apply outside of OK Money’s business hours.
Upon approval of your application, you can collect cash from an OK Money store or look forward to an electronic transfer directly into your bank account.
Compare Other Payday Loans
Whilst we don't compare this loan directly, here are some other loans that are similar.
Benefits and features on offer from OK Money
- Use different types of claims and payouts as security. The security required to apply for this Settlement Loan can come in the form of insurance claims, the sale of assets, court settlements, compensation payouts, superannuation payouts, and deceased estate settlements.
- Use approved funds for different purposes. How you use the approved funds is entirely up to you. You can use proceeds from this loan to repair your car, go on a vacation, pay bills, or get married.
- Flexible criteria to apply. OK Money, unlike many mainstream lenders, provides loans to people who have poor credit history, and you can even apply if you’re unemployed as long as you receive some form of government benefit.
- Repay early without penalties. While the loan term is set ahead of time, you can choose to repay the loan before the term comes to an end as there are no early repayment penalties.
The costs of a Settlement Loan
When you take an OK Money loan you have to pay certain fees and charges as is the case with other loans. OK Money discloses these costs through the offer document, which you should review carefully before signing. If you don’t find the fees and charges acceptable, don’t sign the contract.
The following should give you an idea of what you would have to pay if you take this loan.
- Application fee: $400
- Annual interest rate: 48%
How to apply for a Settlement Loan from OK Money
You can apply for an OK Money Settlement Loan online, in-store, or over the phone. Make sure you can answer yes to the below to ensure your eligibility:
- You are an Australian citizen or a permanent Australian resident
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are expecting guaranteed funds through a settlement claim or a payout
To complete the application you have to ensure that your solicitor agrees to sign an irrevocable authority document. You also have to provide a host of information, which includes the following:
- Personal and contact details like your name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents, residential status, residential address, email address, and phone number
- Employment-related information like your employment status and your employer’s name and contact details
- Income and expenditure details
- Details about all your existing debts
If you’re expecting money from a settlement claim or a payout but don’t want to wait that long, getting an OK Money Settlement Loan can help. Make sure you compare this product with other similar offerings to ensure its competitiveness and to make sure you're applying for the best option available for you.