Save $58 on Oculus Quest 2 right now with this trick
The 256GB Oculus Quest 2 VR headset retails for a hefty $639. We discovered a trick to get the price down to $580 on Amazon Australia.
The Oculus Quest 2 is an all-in-one virtual reality system that does not require a PC or console to use - you simply put on the headset, fire up a game and use the included Oculus Touch controllers to navigate your way around stunning 3D worlds.
Compared to PC-powered VR headsets, the Oculus Quest 2 is one of the cheapest ways to experience VR - and you can push the price down even lower with this neat trick.
However, by joining Amazon Prime you can also get free shipping on this item. That brings the total to just $580.46 which works out to $58.54 off the Australian RRP.
Amazon Prime costs $6.99 per month, but you can sign up for a free 30-day trial and grab this deal without paying anything extra.
The offer also works on the 64GB version - get it for $438.21 instead of $470. To get the deal, follow these three simple steps.
How to score a cheaper Oculus Quest 2
- Sign up to a free Amazon Prime trial to get free shipping.
- Purchase the international version of the Oculus Quest 2.
- Cancel your Amazon Prime membership before the trial runs out.
For what it's worth, Amazon Prime is a pretty solid deal in its own right - in addition to free shipping on select products, it also nets you free access to Amazon Music, Amazon Prime Video and thousands of ebooks via the Kindle Store.
More on Amazon Prime Video
Confused about the services that Amazon Prime offers? Check out our guide on everything you need to know about Amazon's speedy delivery service.Read more…
For those who aren't familiar with the Oculus Quest 2, it provides access to a wide range of virtually experiences including live concerts, movies and 3D game worlds. The new version has boosted the number of pixels per eye by 50% and upped the refresh rate from 72Hz to 90Hz.
In our review we found it to be comfortable and user-friendly with a wide library of VR experiences to try. We were also impressed by the internal display which boasts a native resolution of 1920x1832 pixels. To find out more, read our full Oculus Quest 2 review.
Here's the official product description from Oculus:
Oculus Quest 2 is our most advanced all-in-one VR system yet. Every detail has been engineered to make virtual worlds adapt to your movements, letting you explore awe-inspiring games and experiences with unparalleled freedom. No PC or console required.
- Next-level Hardware - Make every move count with a blazing-fast processor and our highest-resolution display
- All-In-One Gaming - With backward compatibility, you can explore new titles and old favorites in the expansive Quest content library
- Immersive Entertainment - Get the best seat in the house to live concerts, groundbreaking films, exclusive events and more
- Quest 2 requires your Facebook account to log in, making it easy to meet up with friends in VR and discover communities around the world
- Easy Setup - Just open the box, set up with the smartphone app and jump into VR. No PC or console needed. Requires wireless internet access and the Oculus app (free download) to set up device
- Premium Display - Catch every detail with a stunning display that features 50% more pixels than the original Quest
- Ultimate Control - Redesigned Oculus Touch controllers transport your movements directly into VR with intuitive controls
- PC VR Compatible - Step into incredible Oculus Rift titles by connecting an Oculus Link cable to a compatible gaming PC. Oculus Link Cable sold separately
- Oculus Quest 2 requires your Facebook account to log in, making it easy to meet up with friends in VR and discover communities around the world.