October’s cheapest owner-occupier home loans
Rate hikes are beginning to take effect. Now is a great time to look for a better deal on your home loan.
Three of the four major banks announced rate hikes last month, and now those rises have come into effect. Commonwealth Bank's 15 basis point rate hike hit borrowers on 4 October.
Variable rates may be headed skyward, but there are still plenty of good deals available for owner-occupier borrowers. Rates remain historically low, and we've managed to round up 10 fixed rate and 10 variable rate loans, all with rates below 4%. These are the cheapest owner-occupier home loans currently available through the finder database.
To be certain these loans will help the average borrower, we applied the following criteria:
- All loans listed are principal and interest loans for owner-occupiers.
- All loans have a maximum loan to value ratio (LVR) of at least 80%.
- Each loan has a minimum loan amount of no more than $200,000 and a maximum amount of $500,000 or more.
- Each fixed rate is for a term of three years.
- We've excluded line of credit, guarantor and construction loans.
- Rates are correct as of 4 October 2018.
Check the table below for the cheapest owner-occupier home loans available through finder.com.au.
*Our cheapest variable and fixed rate owner-occupier home loans round-up is a monthly article that features the cheapest loans in finder.com.au's database. The rates and other information in this page are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change. There may be cheaper loans on the market than the ones listed here.
- Borrowers are back: homebuyer lending rises 10% in July
- Australian borrowers could save up to $60,000 by refinancing right now
- Athena’s new home loan rates get lower as you pay your mortgage off
- House prices continue falling (slowly) across Australia
- Record low interest rates are pushing Australians to refinance like never before