October’s cheapest investment home loans
Amidst talk of a property downturn, some suburbs are still set to boom for investors.
If you're thinking about investing in property, choosing the right suburb is of paramount importance. While home prices have been tracking downwards, finder's Boom and Doom Property Index has identified the suburbs likely to see strong growth in the years ahead.
The Boom and Doom Property Index collates six key metrics using ABS and CoreLogic data to identify the suburbs set for price growth and those to avoid. It's an indispensable tool for potential investors.
Perhaps just as important as choosing the right property in the right suburb is choosing the right home loan. That's why we've searched the finder.com.au database to find October's cheapest investment loans. To ensure these loans would suit the average investor, we applied the following criteria:
- All loans have a minimum loan amount of $250,000 or less and a maximum loan amount of $500,000 or higher.
- All six mortgages have maximum loan to value ratios of 80%, requiring a 20% deposit.
- We've also excluded lines of credit and construction loans.
- All product information is correct as of 4 October 2018.
You can find our cheapest loans in the table below. To learn more about investing strategies, read our in-depth guide.*Our cheapest investment home loans round-up is a monthly article that features the cheapest loans in finder.com.au's database. The rates and other information in this page are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change. There may be cheaper loans on the market than the ones listed here. The home loans in the table above were taken from finder.com.au's database on 4 October 2018.
- The tax rules you need to know before listing your property on Airbnb
- Fintech will give us more data about our properties and help us make better purchases
- Government orders ACCC inquiry into mortgage rates
- All the lenders passing on the October 2019 cash rate cut (updated)
- RBA Cut: 7 predictions for October 2019