A Mobile Vehicle Inspection by the National Roads and Motorists’ Association (NRMA) can ensure that you don’t get a lemon when buying a used car.
For most people, buying a used car can be a confusing and worrying experience. If you have little or no automotive knowledge, how can you be sure that the car you’re buying is mechanically sound and in good condition?
This is where an NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspection can be extremely handy. Offered by NRMA Car Servicing and Repairs, a pre-purchase vehicle inspection is a comprehensive inspection that details the current state of a vehicle. Not only does this provide you with peace of mind from knowing whether you’re getting value for money, potentially saving you thousands in repair bills, but also you’ll enjoy the convenience of having an NRMA inspector come to you.
Who would want to use NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspections?
NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspections can be a useful tool for car buyers and sellers:
- If you’re buying a car, an inspection provides peace of mind before you make a large purchase. This allows you to be certain that you aren’t buying a lemon, which means you can negotiate a better price before you buy and ensure that you don’t get stuck with hefty repair bills in the future.
- If you’re selling a car, an NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspection allows you to prove to prospective buyers that your car has been well-maintained and is mechanically sound. This gives you extra power in the bargaining process, allowing you to negotiate a better sale price for your vehicle, and to identify any issues you should get rectified by the manufacturer while the vehicle is still under a new car warranty.
Features of NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspections
NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspections include the following features:
- Comprehensive inspection. Each NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspection provides a 76-point vehicle check and includes a comprehensive report detailing the current state of the vehicle. This includes a thorough examination of the interior and exterior, the engine compartment, the car’s underbody, and the tyres, wheels and brakes.
- Road test included. The inspection also includes a road test to check the vehicle’s engine performance and noise, exhaust smoke, transmission, differential, steering, suspension, brake operation and cruise control.
- 90-minute inspection. Each NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspection takes approximately 90 minutes to complete.
- Report emailed to you. Once an inspection has been completed, you’ll be emailed a comprehensive inspection report as soon as possible.
- 15% discount on repairs. NRMA members can access a 15% discount off the price of any repairs related to issues identified during an NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspection. Non-members receive a 10% discount, with savings only available on repairs carried out at an NRMA Car Servicing and Repairs Centre.
- Available Monday to Saturday. Mobile Vehicle Inspections are available Monday to Saturday from 7:30am to 5:30pm.
- Available throughout much of NSW. NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspections are available at private residences and dealerships in the following areas: Sydney Metro, lower Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Newcastle, Maitland, Canberra and Illawarra.
- You don’t need to attend. There is no requirement for you to be present throughout an NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspection. However, you do have the option to attend the inspection if you wish.
Fees and charges
The cost of an NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspection varies, depending on the type of vehicle you drive, as outlined in the table below:
|Product||Vehicle type||NRMA members||Non-NRMA members|
|Pre-purchase / end of warranty inspection|
How to book an NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspection
There are two ways you can book an NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspection:
- Book online. You’ll need to fill out a simple online form available through the NRMA website. You will need to provide the vehicle details, the time and location of the inspection, your contact information and payment details.
- Book over the phone. You can phone 1300 770 116 to book an inspection or make further enquiries about this service.
NRMA’s Mobile Vehicle Inspection service can take the stress out of buying a used car. By doing your due diligence before buying a vehicle, you’ll be able to hit the road with confidence and be sure that you’re getting a good deal.