November 2018’s cheapest owner-occupier home loans
Owner-occupiers have felt the squeeze over the last couple of months. Now is the time to look for a cheaper home loan.
Recent figures from CoreLogic show that the period of stability for the official cash rate has done little to ease pressure for home owners. The Reserve Bank has now held the official cash rate steady for a record 27 consecutive meetings. However, according to CoreLogic, the average home loan rate for owner-occupiers has risen by 15 basis points over the past two months alone.
With this in mind, it's the perfect time to perform a home loan health check. We've compiled November's cheapest variable and fixed rate owner-occupier home loans available through finder. To be certain these loans will help the average borrower, we applied the following criteria:
- All loans listed are principal and interest loans for owner-occupiers.
- All loans have a maximum loan to value ratio (LVR) of at least 80%.
- Each loan has a minimum loan amount of no more than $200,000 and a maximum amount of $500,000 or more.
- Each fixed rate is for a term of three years.
- We've excluded line of credit, guarantor and construction loans.
- Rates are correct as of 7 November 2018.
If you see a lower rate than you're currently paying, it might be time to switch to a better deal.
*Our cheapest variable and fixed rate owner-occupier home loans round-up is a monthly article that features the cheapest loans in finder.com.au's database. The rates and other information in this page are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change. There may be cheaper loans on the market than the ones listed here.
Compare Home Loans