November 2018’s cheapest investment home loans
Right now is the perfect time for property investors to look for a better home loan deal.
While the Reserve Bank of Australia may have left the official cash rate on hold for a record 27 months, that hasn't stopped lenders from making their own moves, and investors have been left feeling the sting. In fact, according to CoreLogic research head Tim Lawless, the RBA's period of inactivity has seen investors slugged with an average 50 basis point rate rise.
"That's the equivalent of two cash rate hikes," Lawless said.
Investors are already paying an average of 0.55% higher than owner-occupiers. However, good deals for investors still abound. If you're trying to build wealth through property, now is a perfect time to perform a home loan health check.
We've scoured the finder database to find November's cheapest investment loans. To ensure these loans would be suited to the average investor, we applied the following criteria:
- All loans have a minimum loan amount of $200,000 or less and a maximum loan amount of $500,000 or higher.
- All seven mortgages have maximum loan to value ratios of 80%, requiring a 20% deposit.
- We've also excluded lines of credit and construction loans.
- All product information is correct as of 6 November 2018.
You can find our cheapest loans in the table below. To learn more about investing strategies, read our in-depth guide.*Our cheapest investment home loans round-up is a monthly article that features the cheapest loans in finder.com.au's database. The rates and other information in this page are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change. There may be cheaper loans on the market than the ones listed here. The home loans in the table above were taken from finder.com.au's database on 6 November 2018.
- Rejected for a “phantom child”: It’s harder than ever to get a home loan
- Ask Finder: How do I sell my share of a jointly owned property?
- Investor lending plunges 28.6% and Sydney’s price falls break the speed record
- Manu Feildel – the right ingredients for buying a home
- Loans.com.au has one of the lowest mortgage rates in the market, challenging newcomer Athena