Find out the repayment amount your employer will be deducting from your salary each pay period to cover the lease of a vehicle.
A novated lease calculator, or a commercial hire purchase calculator, is used to calculate the repayments of a vehicle loan that an employer took out on behalf of their employee. In a novated lease the employer makes the repayments on this vehicle purchase by deducting the repayment amount from the employee’s salary each pay period. This calculator is great to use if you and your employer are planning to apply for a novated lease because the calculator will allow you to get an idea of what the repayment on the loan will be. It can also be used if you already have a novated lease but would like to manage it better. Novated lease calculators will change depending on who provides your finance - so you will need to check the numbers with the provider you choose. You can get an indication of your repayments using our calculator below to help in your comparisons.
Stratton Finance Novated Lease
Looking to purchase a vehicle through a novated lease? Speak to the experts at Stratton Finance.
- Lease terms of up to 5 years
- Purchase any vehicle you like
- Fixed monthly repayments
Please note that the rates, fees and features mentioned here were correct at the time of publication.
Novated lease calculator
How to use the novated lease calculator?
The novated lease calculator is quick and simple to use, but it’s important to note that this just an indication. All you have to do is insert the required information regarding your novated lease and let the calculator do the rest. You’ll need to input the loan amount, the loan term, the interest rate on the loan, and the repayment frequency (weekly, fortnightly, monthly). If you decided on a residual payment on your novated lease you’ll also have to enter in the residual percentage of the loan and the residual amount. This information will allow the calculator to find out the expected repayment amount. Make sure this information is accurate so you get the most accurate result. If you use estimates the calculation will only be an approximation. Here is a breakdown of the information you'll need to put in:
- Loan amount. This refers to how much money you have borrowed or plan to borrow.
- Loan term. How long have you been given to repay the loan? This is referred to as the loan term.
- Interest rate. This is the agreed on upon percentage that the lender is charging you to use their money.
- Repayment frequency. This refers to how often you make repayments.
- Residual value. This is a lump sum that you pay your lender after your monthly/weekly/fortnightly payments are complete. The residual percentage is the percentage of the loan that makes up the residual payment while the residual amount refers to the total of the lump sum.
Olivia and her employer agreed on a novated lease upon a promotion in her department. Even though her employer will be taking care of the repayments through salary packaging she still wants to know what the repayments will be so she isn’t surprised when she sees how much is coming out of her pay. To figure out the repayments she decides to use the novated lease calculator. The novated lease is for $15,000 with a three year term at 5% interest with monthly repayments. Olivia and her employer decided on a residual payment as well. The residual percentage is 3% which makes the residual amount $450. She puts all of this information into the calculator and finds out that the repayment amount will be $436.13 plus an additional $3.20 GST. She now knows to expect $439.33 to be deducted from her pay each monthly pay cycle.
Frequently asked questions
- Is the final calculation a guarantee that I’ll get that loan amount from the bank? No, the novated lease calculator is only a calculation of the potential repayment you should expect by taking out a loan with the exact amounts you inputted. A bank or lender will make their own decisions about your whether you can borrow.
- How accurate is the novated lease calculator? Much like a normal calculator a novated lease calculator uses solid mathematics to come up with the repayment amount. As long as the information you enter into the calculator is accurate, the result will be accurate. If you are using the calculator with estimated numbers your answer will also be an estimate.
- Do I need to turn over personal information to use the calculator? No, personal information is not required to use the novated lease calculator. All you need is information regarding the loan ie. the loan amount, the loan term, the interest rate, the repayment frequency, and the residual percentage and residual amount if applicable.
If you are planning to take out a novated lease for a vehicle with your employer and you want to get an idea of what you’ll be paying towards the loan, you might want to use the novated lease calculator. All you have to do is enter in the required information regarding your potential loan and you’ll get the results quickly and easily. You can even use it to keep track of a current novated lease. For even more help with your novated lease compare the available loans offered by different lenders to get the best possible deal for you and your employer.