Get a credit card that charges a low ongoing rate, and supports the Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation.
No longer offered in the market
The Nova CU HBCF Visa Credit Card is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. You can compare the current range of Community First credit cards here.
The Nova CU HBCF Visa Credit Card is unique in a way, given that it donates your annual fee to the Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation. This card charges a low rate on purchases and a competitive rate on cash advances, and it also comes with a 0% p.a. balance transfer rate that stays in place for 6 months. If you use your card in the right way, you can get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Nova CU HBCF Visa Credit Card review
If you’re looking for a no-frills low rate card and also want to do your bit for charity, you can consider applying for this Visa credit card provided by Nova CU. You can use this card to transfer balances from existing cards with the knowledge that transferred balances don’t attract any interest for the first 6 months, and this can lead to significant savings in the form of interest. It’s low ongoing purchase rate is also worth mentioning.
Benefits of the Nova CU HBCF Visa Credit Card
- Support the Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation. The entire annual fee you pay towards your card goes to the Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation, a non-profit organisation based in the Hunter, which raises money to provide information and support to people who suffer from breast cancer and their family members.
- Balance transfer offer. This card charges 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers for the first 6 months, so if you use it to transfer balances from existing cards that charge high interest, you can save a tidy sum.
- Low interest rate. This card charges a competitive ongoing purchase rate of 11.99% p.a., which can be particularly beneficial if you don’t pay your account’s closing balance in full every month. Its cash advance rate stands at a competitive 16.99% p.a.
- Easy access to funds. You can find EFTPOS terminals and ATMs that accept Visa cards the world over, so you can look forward to using this card in just about any country you visit. You can also use this card to make purchases and pay bills, online and over the phone.
Nova CU HBCF Visa Credit Card features
- Annual fee. While you have to pay an annual fee of $59, this entire amount goes to the Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation, so you, in a way, are making this donation to HBCF each year.
- Interest-free days. By paying your card’s closing balance completely each month, you can get as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit of the Nova CU HBCF Visa Credit Card is $1,000, and the limit assigned to your card depends on your ability to repay.
- Additional cards. You can get an additional card for any nominated individual, as long as the individual is over 18 years of age. You remain liable for all transactions made using the additional Visa card.
- Card security. This microchip-enabled card is more effective against fraudulent use when compared to cards that rely on magnetic strips. Verified by Visa, an online program, is in place to monitor online card activity and prevent unauthorised usage.
While this Visa credit card comes with a balance transfer offer and a low ongoing rate on purchases, these are features you can find in other cards as well. As a result, it’s wise to compare this card with a few others before you think about applying.Back to top