Norwegian Air’s new Singapore to London route will get you to the UK for cheaper
Expect low-cost flights to London via Singapore by spring.
Norway's budget airline Norwegian Air has announced that it will be expanding its long-haul carrier network from the UK to South-East Asia with the first flights taking off on 28 September 2017.
This route is expected to operate four times weekly, with the possibility of an increase to five times weekly during the European winter, perfect for Brits wanting to escape the chill.
Flights have already gone on sale, with economy seating starting at £179 one way, or £358 return. Bump yourself up to the premium cabin and it'll cost you £699 each way and £1,398 return.
For Australians, this move could see flights to London drop drastically in price, so long as you'll willing to fly with budget carriers for the whole journey and stop over in Singapore to change airlines.
Flights to Singapore flying a budget airline such as Jetstar or Scoot are currently on sale for $129 each way for departures from Perth. Couple that with a £179 (~AUD$305) one-way flight from Singapore to London flying Norwegian Air and you could pay as little as $434 for a one-way trip or $868 return. While we are seeing flights to London drop below the $1,000 mark more frequently, it's rare that they drop this low.
How low can you go for other cities? Booking site I Want That Flight has found one-way flights to London with Norwegian Air starting from:
- $403 departing from Perth or Darwin
- $463 departing from the Gold Coast
- $473 departing from Melbourne or Sydney
Norwegian Air's Singapore to London flights will depart from London on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and return from Singapore on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Sundays and Fridays.
This new route will use the 787 Dreamliner aircraft, which features 244 seats across the economy and premium cabins.
- These direct flights can take you to Mauritius from $991 return
- It’s true, Cebu Pacific has $149 flights to the Philippines at the moment
- These last-minute flights to Europe over summer start from just $839 return
- Catch up to 40% off fares in Tigerair’s End of Financial Year sale
- 5-star flights to South Africa just dropped to $958 return