Nokia 8110 4G review: Plans | Pricing | Specs
- Eye-catching design
- Works as a 4G hotspot
- Simple operation
- T9 text in a smartphone age is painful
- Camera is ordinary at best
- Pricey for a feature phone
|Launch price (RRP)||$150|
Nokia's rebirth, by way of licensing partner HMD Global, kicked off in 2017 with the surprise reappearance of the Nokia 3310, a classic design that had a lot of nostalgic appeal for anyone who was still keen on the Nokia brand.
2018 saw the Nokia 8110 get the redesign treatment, and the Nokia 8110 4G is finally available on Australian shores. It's a feature phone in 2018, which marks it out as unusual to begin with because the market for feature phones, as distinct from smartphones, is a niche one.
Still, within that niche, it's one of the nicest feature phones money can buy.
- Shaped like a banana, which is fun
- Removable battery
- Micro SIM compatible
- 2MP camera is better than expected
- That's not the same as "good" though
- Predictably slow performance
- T9 text entry makes me want to tear out hair I don't have
- 4G hotspot functionality is super useful
- Great battery life if you keep it simple
- One of the best feature phones you can buy
- Possibly a little pricey for its target market
- Consider your budget smartphone alternatives at this price point
Pricing and availability
Power, storage and battery
Latest Nokia news
Nokia makes a tough play into the smartphone world with the extra-durable Nokia XR20.Read more…
Nokia's latest super-affordable feature phone isn't fancy – but that's totally the point.Read more…
The Nokia 53 continues HMD Global's journey in providing solid Android experiences with the benefits of photographic flexibility.Read more…
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
July 10, 2023
Has the Nokia 8110 (4G) have a swipe screen?
Chris Jager Finder
July 26, 2023
The LCD screen is non-touch, just like the Nokias of old.