The Nokia 7 Plus offers dependable battery life and solid performance, although its style may well be the deciding factor as to whether it's your next ideal phone.
- Android One means updates are assured
- Solid mid-range performance
- Good battery life
- Design is a love-it or hate-it affair
- Bulky in the hand
The Nokia 7 Plus is a fine mid-range phone best suited to those who want larger screens but have limited wallets.
Usually when a manufacturer offers up a "Plus" phone, it's the larger sibling of an established line.
HMD Global, the company behind the recent run of Android-based Nokia phones, hasn't gone down that route because there's no Nokia 7 to stand next to the Nokia 7 Plus. It's a standalone unit with mid-range specifications designed to appeal to those who like both the Nokia brand and larger handsets.
- Industrial aesthetic is likely to be a love-it or loathe-it affair.
- Heavy and sturdy build quality.
- Dual-lens camera array enables wide-angle shots, 2x optical zoom and depth-of-field effects.
- Nokia's camera app makes adjusting photo settings quick and easy.
- Solid mid-range performance across most apps and games.
- Android One optimisations ensure a clean interface and software support into the future.
- Massive 3,800mAh battery delivers all-day performance under average use.
- No wireless charging, sadly.
- A capable mid-range handset with a lot to offer the Nokia crowd.
- Heavyweight design isn't going to appeal to everyone.
Pricing and availability
Nokia 7 Plus
A sturdy and reliable mid-range smartphone
The Nokia 7 Plus is built to last, with a firm metal body and the guarantee of two years of regular security updates making it a solid investment.
- You can purchase the Nokia 7 Plus from online retailers like Catch and DWI for around $500.
|Display size (inches)||6|
|Display resolution (pixels)||2160 x 1080|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||403|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,800|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/1.75|
|Rear camera (2) resolution||13|
|Rear camera (2) aperture||f/2.6|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||16|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.0|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 6|
Latest Nokia news
The Nokia 5.1 Plus is a rudimentary mid-range smartphone with decent value for the bargain phone shopper. Read more…
Nokia's put out a lot of phones this year, but at its price and for what you get, the Nokia 7.1 is a real standout. Read more…
With its larger screen, faster processor and sharper dual-lens camera, the Nokia 6.1 Plus is a significant upgrade over its predecessor. Read more…