Nokia's latest mid-range handset should deliver on the brand promise of fine design and solid features, and the inclusion of Android One should keep it nicely up to date as well.
- HDR compatible display.
- Android One.
- Snapdragon 636.
- Only the 3GB RAM model is available in Australia.
- Bothies are still a gimmick.
When does the Nokia 7.1 come out? Available from 17 October 2018.
What’s new about the Nokia 7.1? HDR compatible display, Snapdragon 636 processor, bothie shooting.
How much does the Nokia 7.1 cost? $499 outright.
Nokia's latest Android handset is a mid-range, mid-sized smartphone that looks to have plenty of power.
Strictly speaking, "Nokia" doesn't make phones any more. Nokia sold its mobiles business to Microsoft back in 2013, making it an exclusively Windows-phone-only maker, but some years down the track, HMD Global – largely made up of ex-Nokia employees – licensed the brand to produce Android phones. Its latest handset is the mid-range Nokia 7.1.
- 5.84 inch "PureDisplay" screen.
- 19:9 aspect ratio.
- Dual rear cameras.
- Nokia is still trying to make bothies happen.
- Snapdragon 636 is a good match for a mid-range phone.
- Android One means guaranteed updates and a clean Google experience.
- 3060 mAh battery
- Nokia's value brand strategy looks like it will continue with the Nokia 7.1.
Pricing and availability
Nokia's HDR-ready Nokia 7.1
The Nokia 7.1 offers a superior display along with the power of Qualcomm's Snapdragon 636.
- The Nokia 7.1 goes on sale in Australia for $499 outright from 17 October 2018.
- The Nokia 7.1 will also be available on contract terms from JB Hi-Fi.
|Display size (inches)||5.84|
|Display resolution (pixels)||1080 x 2280|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||432|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,060|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/1.8|
|Rear camera (2) resolution||5|
|Rear camera (2) aperture||f/2.4|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||8|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.0|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 6|
Latest Nokia 7.1 news
Nokia's grabbed the prize of being the first non-Google phone to update to Android 9 down under. Read more…
Sure, Google's flashy new Google Pixel 3 XL seems flashy, but how does it compare to the retro-tastic Nokia 8110 4G? Read more…
How does Google's new flagship, the Pixel 3, compare to the Google Pixel 2? Read more…