The Nokia 3310 3G is simple if what you want is a basic feature phone, but at this price you can get a much more complete phone experience.
- Excellent battery life
- Simple enough for anyone to use
- Terrible camera
- Predictive text is painful to use
- Apps are laughably primitive
Nokia's reborn 3310 has nostalgic roots, but if you want a simple and stylish phone, it still has appeal.
When Nokia announced it was bringing back the Nokia 3310 at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017, it created a wonderful hype storm for the reborn phone company's push for its Android handsets. That was good news for hyping up the Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 phones, and maybe that was the point. Folks were interested in the 3310 for its strong nostalgic attachments because around the turn of the century if you owned a mobile phone, the odds are very good that it was a Nokia.
The issue with the Nokia 3310 announced at MWC was that it was a 2G handset designed for countries that will continue offering 2G services in the near future. Australia's not on that list of countries, which relegates the Nokia 3310 2G to a mere curio here. At least, that was the case right up until Nokia announced the $89.95 Nokia 3310 3G, which was released in Australia in mid-October 2017. Suddenly, the 3310 was worth looking at – but is it really worth buying?
- Not quite the Nokia 3310 you remember
- Fully removable battery is a refreshing throwback
- Slow to take shots
- Photo quality leaves a lot to be desired
- Capable enough for basic calling and texting
- Internet use is painfully slow
- Up to 6.5 hours of talk time and 27 hours on standby, according to Nokia
- Should get you through multiple days on a single charge if you're only using it occasionally
- A neat throwback best suited as a backup phone
Pricing and availability
Nokia 3310 3G
Return of an icon
The much-loved Nokia 3310 makes a comeback to the modern day, this time with 3G support and an improved version of Snake.
- The Nokia 3310 3G is available for $89.95 from retailers like Amazon, Catch and Kogan, as well as stores like Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi.
Nokia 3310 3G specs
|Display size (inches)||2.4|
|Display resolution (pixels)||320 x 240|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||167|
|Battery size (mAh)||1,200|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||2|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||N/A|
|Rear camera (2) resolution|
|Rear camera (2) aperture|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution|
|Front camera (1) aperture|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||N/A|
Compare SIM-only plans for the Nokia 3310 3G
Latest Nokia news
$1,099 will score you Nokia's very camera-centric Nokia 9 Pureview handset. Read more…
Nokia's upcoming Nokia 9 Pureview smartphone looks to redefine smartphone photography with a staggering 5 rear lenses and a highly competitive price. Read more…
The Nokia 1 Plus is an ultra-budget smartphone that makes smart compromises to deliver more value at an affordable price. Read more…