Nokia 2.2: Features | Pricing | Specs
|Launch price (RRP)||$0|
- Fair battery life for a budget phone
- Android One promises fast updates
- Removable battery
- Very slow performance
- Camera is terrible
- Looks and feels super cheap
I'm starting to think that somebody at HMD Global gets in trouble if it doesn't release a new phone every couple of weeks.
The latest Nokia-branded phone to come out of the Finnish company is the ultra-affordable Nokia 2.2, an effective "sequel" to 2018's Nokia 2.1.
That phone was a simple, cheap Android Go device where the Nokia 2.2 jumps up to being a full Android One phone. Beyond that change, however, there's ultimately not that much exciting about the Nokia 2.2 at all. That's something of a first for HMD Global, but it's not a laudable first.
- Plain plastic frame makes it feel terribly generic.
- Snap-on frames could give it some personality
- Removable battery is a rarity these days
- Google Assistant button onboard
- Single 13MP rear lens delivers ordinary photos at best.
- Camera is very slow to launch
- Low performance, not helped by 2GB of RAM
- Android One, but Android Go might have been a better fit
- 3000mAh battery delivers fair performance
- Slow charging is a pain
Pricing and availability
Android One on a budget
With guaranteed Android and security updates, the Nokia 2.2 is a future-proof smartphone for folks on a budget.
- The Nokia 2.2 retails for $199 and is available from retailers like The Good Guys, Big W and JB Hi-Fi.
Within the Nokia family, while it's still a phone with some budget compromises, consider the Nokia 3.2, which gives you a bigger screen and much better battery life.
At the same price point, while it lacks Android One, you could also consider the Alcatel 1X 2019.
Nokia 2.2 specs
Power, storage and battery
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked