Receive up to $2 million in trauma cover for 37 serious medical conditions with NobleOak
NobleOak trauma insurance will provide a lump-sum benefit of up to $2 million if you are diagnosed with a listed medical condition so you can focus on your recovery. The policy will provide cover for heart attack, stroke, cancer, coronary bypass surgery and 33 additional medical conditions.
This review will outline the key benefits of the policy and key steps to apply. If you are ready to receive a quote, follow the secure link below to receive a quote and apply.
|Life Insurance - Max Amount||$2,000,000|
|Minimum Sum Insured||$0|
|Guaranteed Future Insurability|
Increase your cover after a major life event (e.g. marriage) without taking additional medical exams. Note: 'Major events' are different between providers.
|Maximum Entry Age||59|
This is the age of the policyholder when life insurance will no longer payout for claims.
- You can get a trauma insurance quote on the NobleOak website.
- You'll go through a full medical and lifestyle questionnaire over the phone.
- Your application will be sent off to their underwriters for assessment.
- Once approved, they will give you a call and organise a date to activate your cover.
Features of NobleOak trauma (critical illness) cover
NobleOak will calculate your trauma insurance premiums based on your age, your gender, whether you smoke, your occupation, your hobbies and, of course, your health. With the complete NobleOak Premium Life Direct Plan, you can get life insurance, total and permanent disability insurance and trauma insurance. To apply to NobleOak trauma (critical illness) cover, you must be between 16 and 60 years old, although your life cover will remain valid until you are 70 years old as long as you pay your premiums on time.
Key features that stand out to us
The following are some key features of the NobleOak trauma (critical illness) cover:
- Maximum sum insured. The maximum amount you can insure is $2 million.
- Range of conditions. NobleOak will provide benefit payments for up to 37 major conditions including, but not limited to, cancer, coronary artery angioplasty, coronary artery bypass surgery, heart attack, other serious coronary artery diseases, stroke, Alzheimer's disease, blindness, kidney failure, major burns and Parkinson's disease.
- Indexation. Benefits are automatically indexed by a minimum of 3% and a maximum of 5% before the policyholder reaches the age of 65.
- Maximum cover age. Benefit payments will cease at the age of 70.
- Coronary artery angioplasty. NobleOak will provide 25% of the benefit capped to a maximum of $25,000.
Additionally, if you're insured under NobleOak critical illness cover, you will also have access to the following:
- Financial advice. This benefit gives you up to $2,000 towards the cost of hiring a financial adviser to prepare a financial plan after a payout of more than $200,000.
- Premium freeze. This benefit gives you the option to freeze your premium at the current amount and unfreeze it again at any time.
- Funeral benefit. This benefit pays $5,000 if you die and no other benefits are payable under your standalone trauma insurance.
How to choose trauma insurance
Trauma insurance and critical illness insurance protect you from all of the worst medical events that could unexpectedly affect your health and life. However, each trauma policy will offer different inclusions and benefits, so to make sure you’re getting the most comprehensive coverage, compare the following features:
- Conditions covered. Be sure to read the policy document carefully and compare the conditions that are covered and how they are defined. Each insurer will use a slightly different definition and include a slightly different list of eligible illnesses and trauma events. There may also be limitations on the benefit payable in certain conditions.
NobleOak has been offering insurance products to Australians for over 135 years, and they understand we always like to look on the bright side of life. This makes it easy for us to believe that nothing bad will ever happen to us. NobleOak has included trauma insurance in their Premium Life Direct Plan to make it easy to protect yourself against the worst, without having to worry about what might happen.
Who's eligible for this policy?
To be eligible for NobleOak trauma insurance, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian resident aged between 18 and 59.
- Choose trauma insurance as a standalone product.
- If you choose it as an optional cover, the benefit will be taken from the total amount of your life cover.
Note: The cover expiry age is 70 years of age.
When won't NobleOak pay benefits?
NobleOak trauma insurance will not pay a benefit in the following circumstances:
- If you have a standalone policy and you do not survive a specified trauma event for at least 14 days without the aid of an artificial life support system.
- If you suffer a trauma event within 90 days of your policy commencing, being reinstated or your benefit increasing.
- If the trauma event is caused by an intentional self-inflicted injury or attempted suicide within 13 months of your policy commencing, being reinstated or your benefit amount increasing.