Have bad credit? You can still be eligible for a payday loan that doesn't require a credit check.
If you're in need of a loan, for whatever reason, you can have up to $2,000 paid into your account today, all without a credit check. If "perfect" isn't a word you would use to describe your credit history, you can still have options for accessing credit – find out what they are below.
Borrow up to $1,800 with no credit check
Sunshine Loans offer a no credit check loan with a fast and easy online application to employed borrowers. Apply today to be considered.
- Loan Amount: $2,000
- Loan Term: 9 weeks
- Sunshine Loans do not conduct a credit check
- Turnaround Time: 30 Minutes - conditions apply
- Total Cost of Borrowing $100: 20% of borrowed amount + 4% of borrowed amount each month
- Must be 18+
- Confidential and secure!
- No Credit Checks - Must be employed
Your no credit check payday loans options
Luckily, there are options out there for people with bad credit and one of these options is a payday loan. The lenders below with no credit check required.
The finder.com.au list of no credit check loans
Compare the features of the no credit check payday loans below.
|Get a no credit check loan from Sunshine Loans and you could borrow up to $2,000|
|Ferratum offer a no credit check payday loan of up to $1,000 with loan terms of 16, 22 or 32 days|
|First time borrowers could get up to $800 without any credit checks.|
*Total cost may vary based on any other fees charged by the lender at the time of repayment
Warning about Borrowing
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
5 steps to get a no credit check payday loan
1. Compare your options
There are a few brands out there who offer these types of loans, so performing a comparison is a good place to start. You can look at the comparison table above to start – remember to consider fees, repayment terms and other features.
2. Work out how much you need and how much you can borrow
Lenders have set minimum and maximum amounts and there may be a cap on the amount of money you can borrow for your first loan. While you may be approved for up to and including that amount, you should only borrow however much you need.
3. Budget your repayments
Your loan repayments will be outlined in your credit contract and you can also get an estimate using the payday loan calculator. Incorporate these repayments into your budget to ensure that you’ll be able to repay the loan.
4. Have your documents ready
You will be required to produce specific documentation to be able to apply. This includes one or two forms of ID, documents to verify your employment or Centrelink payments and your Internet banking logins. Here's why you'll need your Internet banking logins. You can also check out our payday loan application guide for more details.
5. Apply online
When you’re ready, you can apply easily online. Click "Go to Site" from any of the comparison tables to be securely directed to the brand's website to apply.
Why doesn't your credit history get checked?
Most loan providers will take a look at your credit history to determine if you will be risky to lend to, the providers that don't are referred to as "no credit check" loans. These lenders accept that the people they lend to will have bad credit, and so supplement this risk with high rates. You may also find stricter eligibility criteria in terms of income or employment. Keep in mind that if you have bad credit you may not necessarily need a no credit check loan. Follow the link below to learn why.
How do you get approved for a loan?
- Check you meet the eligibility criteria. Lenders will have specific eligibility criteria you need to meet. For example, you will need to be over the age of 18, you may need to be employed and you might need to earn a specific minimum income. Ensure you meet all of these criteria before submitting your application.
- Make sure the loan is affordable. You can use a payday loan calculator to get an estimate of your repayments. Make sure these will be affordable on your budget.
- Ask questions. If you are uncertain whether or not you will be eligible for a loan, get in contact with the lender before you apply.
Case Study: George
George is in a tight spot. His car broke down while he was driving to a job as an electrician. The quote from the mechanic came back at $800 — a cost which is out of his budget. He has a mortgage to cover, not to mention the living expenses for him and his two children. With a defaulted credit card payment from two years ago on his file, he doesn’t think he’ll be able to get a loan from a traditional lender.
He compares his options online and finds a range of no credit check payday loan options that are available. He can borrow the $800 and pay it back over a period of four weeks as per his pay cycle. He budgets for the cost of the loan and by making a few concessions for the month and works out that he can repay it.
How you can compare payday loan brands
There are quite a few payday loans you can choose from, so you need to know how to compare to find the right one for you. Here are some things to look out for when you compare:
Payday lenders are restricted by ASIC when it comes to fees. For loans of less than $2,000 with terms between 16 days and one year, lenders can only charge:
- An establishment fee which is 20% of the amount loaned
- A monthly account-keeping fee which is 4% of the amount loaned
- A government fee or charge
- Default fees or charges
- Enforcement expenses that will be charged if you fail to pay back to loan
Make sure you review all fees and charges outlined in your contract before you take on any loan.
When you look at a payday lender's site you should check how clear the loan terms and conditions are, how easy the information is easy to find, if they have a detailed "about us" section which includes contact information and also if they have an FAQ page.
You can also read customer reviews from third-party websites to see what other people's experiences have been. Check if they offer a secure connection by looking for a 128-bit secure padlock in the address bar of your browser. If you have any concerns, it's always a good idea to call once you've clicked through to their site.
If you're after a specific amount of money for a certain amount of time then you should confirm this. Loan terms are specified in all comparison tables on finder.com.au and in the reviews. Payday loans (also known as small amount credit contacts) are generally for between $100 and $2,000 and offer loan terms of between 16 days and one year.
When you apply with a reputable lender you'll be offered bank-level security during the application process, meaning your details are protected from the time you enter them in until the time the lender receives them. This will ensure your privacy and that any personal details you enter are secure. If you're asked for your Internet banking details during the application, which is standard practice for short-term lenders, you can ask how they are kept secure (this information is usually on the lender's FAQ page). You should also make sure that the information about the lender checks out – do they have a phone number or a physical address?
Features and benefits of no credit check payday loans in Australia
- Flexible repayment options
Whether you're paid weekly, fortnightly or monthly lenders can offer flexible repayment plans to meet your needs. Your account will usually be direct-debited on the day your repayment is due.
- No credit checks at all
If your credit history is less than perfect, you may find it very difficult to obtain a loan from a bank or credit union. You don't have to let your credit history stand in the way of you obtaining finance with this kind of loan.
- Ability to get finance quickly
Most lenders offer quick turnaround times. You can find out if you've been approved within minutes and lenders can often have your funds to you on the same or next business day.
- Flexible application process
If you are an Australian citizen with an active bank account and earn a regular income, you may find a few options for no credit check loans. The application process is simple and quick for most lenders and you can review the eligibility criteria before you apply.
What should you avoid with these loans?
- Lenders who charge over the government regulated allowed fees and rates
- Lenders who offer guaranteed loans
- Loans that you aren't 100% confident you will be able to afford to pay back as this may hurt your credit rating
- Loan terms you aren't comfortable with
How to apply for a no credit check personal loan
If you're interested in applying, your first step is to compare your options using the table above. Once you find a loan you are eligible for and that you want to apply for, you can click "Go to Site" to start your application on the lenders site. Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria before you start your application.
You'll need the following to apply:
- ID such as your driver's licence, passport or proof of age card
- Your bank statements for the last 90 days (lenders usually connect to your Internet banking during the application process)
- Employment or Centrelink details
- Details of the loan, such as how much you want to borrow and what you'll use the funds for.