The US adaptation of No Activity hits Stan next month
It's time to see whether CBS can nail the success of the original Aussie series.
After the success of its home-grown Aussie comedy series No Activity, Stan has teamed up with US TV company CBS to produce an American adaptation of the original show, and today the streaming service has revealed that the first episode will drop in just a little over a month.
The US No Activity kicks off on Monday 13 November, with episodes streaming on Stan the same day as they air in the States. New episodes will follow weekly, exclusive to Stan here in Australia.
Produced by Will Ferrel, Adam McKay and the popular Funny or Die video production company, the US No Activity will star big names like JK Simmons, Amy Sedaris and Will Ferrel himself. Like the Aussie original, the show will centre on a variety of comedic duos, from a pair of overly familiar cops to a duo of Mexican tunnel workers trapped in uncomfortably close quarters.
In other streaming news, Stan also announced that it's letting everyone watch the first episode of White Famous for free and Netflix has dropped a tantalising teaser for the second season of Stranger Things.
- New on Netflix Australia and Stan in June 2018: Farewell Sense8, we hardly know youse
- Where to watch Fahrenheit 451 online in Australia
- The Fab Five are coming to Sydney to celebrate Queer Eye Season 2
- Where to watch the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final online in Australia
- Gem Finder: Happy! Is the most bonkers show you’ll binge this year