The US adaptation of No Activity hits Stan next month
It's time to see whether CBS can nail the success of the original Aussie series.
After the success of its home-grown Aussie comedy series No Activity, Stan has teamed up with US TV company CBS to produce an American adaptation of the original show, and today the streaming service has revealed that the first episode will drop in just a little over a month.
The US No Activity kicks off on Monday 13 November, with episodes streaming on Stan the same day as they air in the States. New episodes will follow weekly, exclusive to Stan here in Australia.
Produced by Will Ferrel, Adam McKay and the popular Funny or Die video production company, the US No Activity will star big names like JK Simmons, Amy Sedaris and Will Ferrel himself. Like the Aussie original, the show will centre on a variety of comedic duos, from a pair of overly familiar cops to a duo of Mexican tunnel workers trapped in uncomfortably close quarters.
In other streaming news, Stan also announced that it's letting everyone watch the first episode of White Famous for free and Netflix has dropped a tantalising teaser for the second season of Stranger Things.
- Runaways: Should you tune in for the new Marvel show?
- The biggest new releases coming to Netflix, Stan, hayu and Foxtel this week
- Everything Sucks! Season 1 review: Young love hopes and 90s tropes spring eternal
- E-League FIFA 18 competition kicks off tonight on Fox Sports
- Where to stream gymnastics in Australia