Achievements are in the works for Nintendo Switch according to indie devs
But will they play the Mario coin sound or the Zelda treasure tune?
In a recent reddit AMA, indie developer Lichthund may have tipped Nintendo's hand regarding the introduction of an achievement system coming to Nintendo Switch.
Responding to a question regarding online rankings in the Switch version of the studio's spear-throwing game Lichtspeer, the developer admitted that while Nintendo doesn't currently have a system to compete with Microsoft's Achievements or Sony's Trophies, "they're working on it".
Following the tantalising hint, another redditor pointed out that Lichthund had just leaked secret information, and the developer responded with a joking "Oops" and an explanation that Nintendo had hinted as much previously.
Nintendo, unsurprisingly, hasn't commented on the potential leak, but it's promising news for the social side of the company's latest platform. After recently killing off the Miiverse, Nintendo definitely needs to make good on the community aspects of the Switch.
In other Nintendo news, Super Mario 64 has been modded to support online multiplayer.
- Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered review: Stop, hammer timer
- The Road to the Gfinity Finals: Speaking with the Elite Series draftees
- The Fortnite Season 5 blockchain announcement you probably missed
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus for Switch review: Achtung baby-sized
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Nintendo Switch: Shroom for improvement?