Achievements are in the works for Nintendo Switch according to indie devs
But will they play the Mario coin sound or the Zelda treasure tune?
In a recent reddit AMA, indie developer Lichthund may have tipped Nintendo's hand regarding the introduction of an achievement system coming to Nintendo Switch.
Responding to a question regarding online rankings in the Switch version of the studio's spear-throwing game Lichtspeer, the developer admitted that while Nintendo doesn't currently have a system to compete with Microsoft's Achievements or Sony's Trophies, "they're working on it".
Following the tantalising hint, another redditor pointed out that Lichthund had just leaked secret information, and the developer responded with a joking "Oops" and an explanation that Nintendo had hinted as much previously.
Nintendo, unsurprisingly, hasn't commented on the potential leak, but it's promising news for the social side of the company's latest platform. After recently killing off the Miiverse, Nintendo definitely needs to make good on the community aspects of the Switch.
In other Nintendo news, Super Mario 64 has been modded to support online multiplayer.
- Everything from Sony PlayStation’s TGS 2017 conference
- The Norwood Suite is a trippy adventure game made by jazz musician Cosmo D
- CODumentary, the documentary exploring Call of Duty’s rise to success, is now available
- Jump is like Netflix for indie games, and you can try it for free
- Burn beautiful rubber in the Forza 7 demo, out now on Xbox One and PC