Nintendo offers a sneak peek at the SNES Mini
Get a look at Star Fox 2 and a brand new feature coming to the mini console.
Today, a six-minute video from Nintendo of Japan has given us a glimpse of the Super Famicom Classic, the Japanese version of the Mini Super Nintendo.
While the video starts out with a straightforward recap of the various games coming to the mini console, it gets considerably more interesting at 3:30 when we get our first look at Starfox 2, the previously unreleased space shooter making its debut on the SNES Mini.
Following Star Fox 2, we get a look at a neat rewind feature where you can turn back time if you die, instead of having to reload from the last checkpoint. For games as punishing as some of those on the SNES Mini's line-up, this feature is going to be dead handy.
The SNES Mini will launch on 30 September for a price of $119.95 – provided it doesn't suffer the same stock problems as the NES Mini, of course.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits