Nintendo offers a sneak peek at the SNES Mini
Get a look at Star Fox 2 and a brand new feature coming to the mini console.
Today, a six-minute video from Nintendo of Japan has given us a glimpse of the Super Famicom Classic, the Japanese version of the Mini Super Nintendo.
While the video starts out with a straightforward recap of the various games coming to the mini console, it gets considerably more interesting at 3:30 when we get our first look at Starfox 2, the previously unreleased space shooter making its debut on the SNES Mini.
Following Star Fox 2, we get a look at a neat rewind feature where you can turn back time if you die, instead of having to reload from the last checkpoint. For games as punishing as some of those on the SNES Mini's line-up, this feature is going to be dead handy.
The SNES Mini will launch on 30 September for a price of $119.95 – provided it doesn't suffer the same stock problems as the NES Mini, of course.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?