Best Nintendo eShop Black Friday 2019 deals
Get up to 70% off on some excellent Switch titles.
If you're not keen on stacking your shelves with plastic boxes, the Nintendo eStore has some great discounts on digital downloads (be warned though, the Switch's hard drive can fill up fast, so you might want to grab yourself an SD card as well).
Here are the best discounts on at the Nintendo eStore right now:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild won just about every Game of the Year award in 2018. It's destined to be looked back on as one of the greatest games ever made. Nintendo rarely discounts its headline titles, so 30% off at $62.95 is a great score for such an epic.
- The sheer fact that you can play Dark Souls on a bus still amazes me (watch those frustrated screams, though). The fact that the Switch version of Dark Souls Remastered is as good as it is utterly mind-blowing. Even if you own it on other platforms, for $35.95, it's awfully tempting to grab the portable version at 40% off.
- Super Mario Odyssey is built on the strangest of premises: Mario can possess the body of almost every single enemy by hurling a sentient brain-slug of a hat at them. It's… weird. But also good. Hurl your cap at it for 30% off at $55.95.
- If traditional, significantly less creepy 2D Mario games are more your jam, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is a safe bet. It's comfortable, colourful and familiar. You can grab it for 30% off at $55.95.
- Dragon Ball FighterZ is not only a gorgeous visual facsimile of the celebrated anime, but it's also a polished, balanced, tournament-worthy fighting game in its own right. Sure, most of the characters look identical with their absurdly spiky hair and kung fu gis, but blame that on the source material. At 70% off, it's the best fighting game deal around this Black Friday at $26.98.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has been released so many times that even Bethesda pokes fun at just how hard it's been milked. But there's a reason for its ubiquity: few open-world RPGs have such a compelling fantasy world to bend to your will. This dragon-slaying sandbox is on sale for $39.95 (50% off).
- Soccer. But with cars. That's it. That's all you need to know. The landscape-shifting phenomenon known as Rocket League is 50% off at $12.67. (Don't worry, there's no offside rule.)
- Celeste is a hyper-challenging indie platformer that has captured hearts and minds with its interconnected world design and surprisingly subtle, touching narrative. It's 50% off at $15 and comes highly recommended.
- Mark of the Ninja is a gorgeous 2D stealth simulation that'll satisfy any and all urges to leap from a lamp post and silence a pesky guard. The remastered version is $15 at 50% off.
- If JRPGs are your cup of tea, Octopath Traveler is well worth gulping down. It doesn't have the most compelling story, but the unique visual style – 2D sprites atop diorama style backgrounds – is worth the price of admission alone. At $53.95 and 40% off, it hasn't yet been this cheap anywhere else.
Want to kit out your new Switch even more? Look into some bargain Nintendo accessories this Black Friday.