New Nintendo 3DS XL SNES Edition will release in Australia 14 October
Can't get hold of an SNES Mini? Sate that retro appetite with a shiny new 3DS.
Nintendo promised an exciting Gamescom, and thus far it's delivered. After a lengthy look at Splatoon 2's new maps and weapons, Nintendo announced an all new 3DS model.
The New Nintendo 3DS Super Nintendo Entertainment System Edition (and you thought New Nintendo 2DS XL was a mouthful) has been announced at this year's Gamescom, and today Nintendo Australia announced it will be arriving Down Under 14 October 2017.
The handheld console's outer shell is inspired by the SNES console itself (complete with power, reset and eject buttons), while the inside of the clamshell more closely resembles the iconic SNES controller (with green, blue, yellow and red buttons).
Other than the retro-inspired shell, this special edition handheld is a run-of-the-mill New 3DS XL. Call us suckers for Nintendo, but this looks like the perfect handheld to complement Ninty's upcoming remake of Metroid II (read our hands-on impressions here).
In the meantime, you can try your luck at securing the SNES Mini Classic in time for its September release.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits