First look at the Nike Skateboarding 2020 Olympics collection
To celebrate the debut of skateboarding at this year's Olympic Games, Nike is kitting out global teams in gear that you can shop soon.
For the first time ever, skateboarding will be an official sport at this year's Olympic Games, a milestone that has not gone unnoticed by Nike. The label has already jumped in and collaborated with Dutch artist and long-time collaborator Piet Parra to design special Federation Kits for the USA, France and Brazil teams.
Each of the uniforms has been crafted from 100% recycled polyester and represents a famous sport from each country. The USA gets a nod to its basketball culture, with the arrival of a traditional basketball jersey complete with bald eagle graphics.
France is gifted a jersey modelled after tennis uniforms with rooster graphics on the chest, while Brazil receives a soccer jersey sporting a Toucan.
New sneaker designs have also been created to complement the packs, with the SB Bruin copping two major upgrades. The Bruin ZoomX has been reimagined in a Flyknit upper with suede inlays and Flypate technology for maximum responsiveness. The kicks arrive in colourways "Dangerous" and the SB-exclusive "Blue Flame".
The Bruin React meanwhile gets a softer touch with a traditional suede upper and drop-in React foam midsole. Similar to the ZoomX, it will be available in the "Blue Flame" exclusive colourway, along with a hue dubbed "Rawthentic".
You can check them out below:
As well as seeing the styles on the half pipes at the Tokyo Olympics, you'll also be able to get your hands on the gear yourself. While a release date is yet to be announced, Nike is planning on dropping the range onto its webstore later in the year.
Pieces from the line are also slated to become available at select skate stockists, so be sure to check back for updates.
For more Nike news, sneaker release dates and current discounts you can check out our Nike hub.
More 2020 Olympic Games collections from Nike:
- Air Max 97 Olympic Rings pack
- Gold Medal Air Max 97 sneakers
- Nike Running's 2020 Olympic collection
- Nike VaporMax 2020 sustainable sneakers
- 10 Aussie fashion TikTok creators you need to follow
- Top 2021 Halloween Costumes from Squid Game to Harry Styles at the Grammys
- Party Time: THE ICONIC are flogging 30% off hundreds of items for their 10th bday
- It’s National Buy Aussie Day so here are our fave brands to shop Down Under
- Editor’s Picks: Get 25% off Bally staples that’ll work in your wardrobe forever