Nike+ integrates fitness and technology into your daily activities. Track your fitness today.
Nike leads the fitness industry, so it’s no surprise that the company has joined the smartwatch race with its sport watch in order to make fitness a part of everyone’s daily routine. Nike’s first offerings were the Nike+ SportWatch and the Nike+ SportWatch GPS, and then Nike developed the Nike Plus FuelBand SmartWatch.
However, Nike found itself competing against technology giants like Apple and Samsung who have championed connectivity in communications and social media. As a result, Nike has altered its strategy in the smartwatch arena from innovation to collaboration.
Compare Nike+ Smartwatches
Nike’s first foray into the smartwatch arena was the Nike+ SportWatch. Containing a USB built into the watch’s wristband for uploading data, this device meant no more carrying (and losing) an additional piece of equipment.
The device has an unusually crisp display, thanks to its LCD imaging. The Nike+ SportWatch is extremely responsive in tracking data while you run; slow down to look at your watch, and you’re likely to get a false read. The Nike+ SportWatch tracks in miles only, is not customisable.
The device sells for $170.94 AUD.Back to top
- ALSO READ: Wearables, Smartwatches & Fitness Trackers Compatibility Table.
- ALSO READ: When Will The Apple Watch 2 Come Out?
- ALSO READ: The Complete List of Apple Watch Games.
Nike partnered with TomTom to create an improved sportwatch that is easy to operate and comes with more features. Nike+ SportWatch GPS is a watch, a timer, and lap counter, and it will also track your pace, heart rate, calories burned and distance run.
- Display. The screen offers crisp LCD images that are easy to access with a simple touch. Metric display buttons offer easy conversion.
- Durability. The Nike+ SportWatch averages eight hours on battery life and is water resistant.
- ShoePad. Nike knows that GPS cannot track all of your movements. Every Nike+ SportWatch GPS comes with a sensor that tracks steps when satellite is not available. Fitting into the sole of specially designed Nike running shoes, the ShoePad works in tandem with the Nike+ SportWatch GPS, seamlessly providing data for updates.
Although there are not many features on the Nike+ SportWatch, it is a reliable device for tracking runs and other physical activity. Upload your data to the Nikeplus.com website for fitness analysis and comparison of your progress with yourself and others for true motivation.Back to top
Designed like a sleek bangle bracelet style band that fits snugly on your wrist, the Nike Plus FuelBand SmartWatch may provide just the motivation you need for workouts. This timepiece is a step counter and measures workout intensity to give you an analysis of your progress toward your fitness goals. The Nike Plus FuelBand SmartWatch will track all of your movements, recording and them and awarding ‘NikeFuel.’
- Display. Lit with 100 white LED lights and 20 colored LED lights that change from red to yellow to green as you make progress toward your goals, the display’s brightness level adjusts itself according to the amount of light present during your activity.
- Nike+ Groups. This connectivity pieces allows you to stay in touch with other active users to help motivate each other toward meeting your fitness goals. You’ll also receive hourly reminders to get moving for better overall fitness.
- Durability. Your device won’t quit in the middle of your workout, because the Nike Plus FuelBand Smartwatch is designed to operate for approximately four days before needing a charge. In addition the Nike Plus FuelBand Smartwatch is water resistant. You can’t wear it while swimming or diving, but wearing it during a shower or while running in the rain won’t be a problem.
- Sizes. The Nike Plus FuelBand Smartwatch comes in three sizes, and it’s critical to measure your wrist to determine which Nike Plus FuelBand Smartwatch is for you before making a purchase.
Available in Black Ice or White Ice, the Nike Plus FuelBand Smartwatch is available for as low as $104 AUD.Back to top
Bringing the fitness edge to newer heights, Nike has collaborated with Samsung on the Gear S, a smartwatch combining the cellular connectivity from a communications giant and the pre-installed Nike+ Running app from a fitness leader.
The GearS has made a huge leap from the first available fitness bands. This device includes built in GPS, allowing for deep analysis of physical activity, gauging it by intensity rather than steps taken. In addition, the GearS is also a phone, which is handy if you don’t want to take two devices with you everywhere you go. You can still compete with friends, motivate each through challenges, and improve your overall fitness level.
The Nike+ Running App on the GearS comes with everything you love about Nike. The app measures your progress and helps you monitor your progress toward your fitness goals.
The GearS is available for $262.99 AUD.
Nike, Inc. has produced several quality smartwatches that combine technology and fitness. However, it seems likely that Nike will not be a competitor in the wearable technology industry without partnering with other technology companies.
Nike remains committed to fitness excellence through technology monitoring. If you are looking for a great motivational fitness device, Nike offers several answers to help you meet your fitness goals. No matter how you like your Nike, there’s a device for you.