Nifty Medium Loans
Apply for a loan from $2,001 to $5,000 with Nifty.
Borrowers looking to cover a large purchase, last minute expense or even invest in their side hustle could qualify for a Nifty medium loan. Medium loans from Nifty are secured. This means that applicants will require a vehicle asset such as a car, motorbike, boat or caravan to be eligible.
Nifty loans are available on terms from 24 months to 9 months, and bad credit applicants may still be eligible.
Find out more about Nifty medium loans and how to apply below.
Maximum loan amount
9 to 24 months
Term of loan
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support. Find out more here: https://www.finder.com.au/coronavirus-financial-help
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
How does a Nifty medium loan work?
A Nifty medium loan is a secured loan from $2,100 to $5,000. Because Nifty's medium loans are secured, applicants with less than perfect credit histories or who are on Centrelink are still considered. Types of security that Nifty accepts are cars, motorbikes, caravans or boats. Security must be equal to or surpass the value of the loan applied for. Borrowers should be aware that if they fail to meet the required payments on a loan, their asset could be repossessed.
Nifty is a 100% online lender, so its application process can be completed entirely online. Applications take a few minutes to complete, and 70% of applicants receive a response instantly. For those that don't receive an instant response, response time on applications only takes up to 60 minutes. Approved applicants will receive their funds the same or the next business day.
Nifty loans from $2,100 to $4,600 require an establishment fee of $400 and have a comparison rate of 65.86%. Loans from $4,600 to $5,000 have a variable establishment fee attached and a comparison rate of 48%.
Features of a medium loan from Nifty
The following features apply to Nifty medium loans:
- Loan amount. Nifty medium loans range from $2,100 to $5,000.
- Loan term. Loans are available on terms of nine months to two years.
- Secured. Applicants will be required to provide a qualifying asset as security.
- 100% online. Apply online without the need to visit a branch or call directly.
- Quick application. Applications only take a few minutes to complete.
- No monthly fees. There are no monthly fees attached to this loan.
- Direct debit repayments. Repayments are deducted automatically from a nominated bank account.
- Bad credit accepted. Nifty checks the credit scores of all its customers. However, it still considers bad credit applicants.
- Centrelink accepted. As long as someone has been receiving Centrelink payments for three months or more, their application will still be considered.
- Financial hardship measures. If you're struggling to repay your loan, there are financial hardship measures in place if you call Nifty direct or visit its contact page.
How much does it cost?
- Establishment fee. An establishment fee of $400 applies to this loan.
- Dishonour fee. If you miss a payment, you may be charged a dishonour fee. The cost of this fee will be outlined in the loan contract.
Please be aware that other fees and charges may apply. Therefore, it's important to read through your loan's contract carefully.
Nifty loan eligibility
In order to qualify, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be over 18 years old
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Receiving a regular income into a personal account for at least three months (this can be via employment or Centrelink)
- Own a qualifying vehicle asset
How to apply
To apply for a Nifty medium loan, click "Go to site" to submit an application. Before you apply, it's a good idea to have the following documentation to hand:
- Mobile phone number
- Email address
- Bank account details
- Internet bank login details
- myGov account details (if applicable)
- Details of your asset
- Employment details
- Driver's licence
Please note that there are a number of similar lenders on the market, so it's a good idea to compare your options prior to submitting an application.