Up to 22% off worldwide getaways
6 companies offering New Zealand singles tours
Top companies celebrating solo travel to New Zealand.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a party of 10 or a party of 1, New Zealand doesn’t discriminate, neither do these 7 tour companies. We've handpicked them based on solo-friendliness from single supplements to small groups, making them a perfect match for travellers flying solo.
Plus, our picks of the best New Zealand tours for singles and the deals to save you extra dollars... which you can put towards your next solo trip.
Top companies when travelling solo through New Zealand
1. Best for youths: Contiki
If you're taking the plunge into solo travelling, there's little that compares to Contiki.
Many of its tours are catered to youths who aren’t afraid to have fun and make new friends.
- Many tours are specially created for 18–35 year olds.
- Stay in shared accommodation or request a single room.
- ME Time Optionals available on certain tours, enabling you to add your own personal "must dos" to your itinerary.
2. Best for small groups: G Adventures
YOLO is the name of the game for many of G Adventures’ New Zealand tours, so if you’re a solo traveller who believes that you only live once, then these are the tours for you.
- Choose a YOLO adventure for fast, fresh and fun trips with like-minded budget travellers.
- Small groups with an average of 16 people mean you’ll really get to know your group.
- Tours available to cater for 18–39 year olds.
3. Best for adventurers: Intrepid
Searching for adventure? Intrepid offers physically challenging tours of New Zealand for those who love to explore and want to see it all.
- Tours of New Zealand range from 7–22 days.
- Trips depart from Auckland, Christchurch and Dunedin.
- Single supplements (where you'll pay a fee for single accommodation instead of shared) available for many trips.
4. Best for making friendships: Topdeck
Designed to give the independent traveller a taste of the real New Zealand, Topdeck's tours offer intrepid wanderers the chance to do everything from the tourist must-dos like Milford Sound Cruises to local lamb and wine feasts in the Marlborough wine regions.
- Tours specially catered for 18–39 year olds available.
- Large group tours with a maximum pax of 36, which is great for social butterflies!
- Accommodation is based on a four-share same sex basis to keep costs down.
- Adrenaline-pumping, nature-focused tours that can include skiing and horseback riding.
5. Best for local experiences: Haka Tours
Catering for those with a sense of adventure and a positive attitude, Haka tours is 100% owned and run by Kiwis who just want to show people the natural beauty and unique culture their country has to offer.
- Tours available for all ages.
- Tours range from 4–24 days.
- Adventure tours with special snow and mountain biking trips available.
6. Best for variety: TourRadar
Despite being an aggregator of tour companies, we believe TourRadar belongs on this list for its wide selection of tours across some of the biggest tour companies worldwide.
- Hundreds of New Zealand tours available for all ages.
- Choose "Independent" as your travel style for flexi, hop-on/hop-off, self-guided tours and custom tours you'll feel comfortable on.
- Features tours from operators such as Topdeck, Bamba Experience, Haka Tours and Exodus Travels.
Other companies that offer tours of New Zealand suited for singles
- Wild Kiwi
- Stray Travel
- Flying Kiwi
- Adventure Junkies
How do these New Zealand tour companies for singles compare?
|Best for company for:||Which company and why?|
|Number of itineraries||TourRadar: Offers 250+ tours from more than a dozen operators. For largest number of itineraries from one tour company, Contiki features 40+ itineraries alone.|
|Length of tours available||TourRadar: Offers tours varying from 3 to 31 days in length. Three-day tours can be booked with Contiki, Stray Travel, Haka Tours and Adventure Junkies while Stay Travel offers the longest tour with its 31-day Everywhere Pass|
|Price||Stray Travel: Offers the lowest starting price on tours at just $192 for a 4-day tour of the North Island.|
|Age restrictions||TourRadar and G Adventures: All offer tours for all ages and restricted age groups for those who prefer to travel with similar-aged people.|
|Tour styles available||G Adventures: Offers a wide range of styles available including youth-focused tours, higher-end tours and niche-market tours. Adventure Junkies is more focused on bike, snow, adventure and family tours.|
|Single supplements||Contiki, TourRadar, Intrepid, G Adventures, Topdeck, Haka Tours, Stray Travel, Adventure Junkies: All offer tours without required single supplements, though it is available if desired.|
Want to see a full list of what each company offers? Click the questions below to expand to see more details.
Catch the latest travel deals to New Zealand here:
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price plummets as crypto industry’s combined market cap drops by 10% within hours
With the total market cap of the crypto sector dropping by a whopping 10% within the last few hours, it seems as though the coming few days could be highly volatile for ETH.
Back to school laptops: Buying guide
What are the things to watch out for when buying your child's first laptop?
Bitcoin price dips below key level as Russia prepares for a blanket crypto ban
As Russia gets ready to outlaw its local crypto market, BTC could be faced with even greater volatility in the near future.
How to watch UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane online and start time in Australia
Heavyweight stars Fancis Ngannou and Cyril Gane headline UFC 270.
Why has the Rio Tinto share price dropped today?
Shares in Rio Tinto have climbed more than 15% in the last month.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Stanmore Coal (SMR ↑5.2%), Kelly Partners Group Holdings (KPG ↑3.3%)
Here are the 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Friday 21 January 2022.
Beauty Product of the Week: Gisou Honey Infused Leave-In Conditioner
This leave-in conditioner transformed my unwashed mop into silky locks that would make Rapunzel envious.
Samsung confirms Galaxy S22 Ultra will be a Note phone
Samsung's next flagship S22 phone will be, in its own less than subtle phrasing, "noteworthy".
Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
A fun superhero series, an epic sci-fi and a dark teen drama are among our top picks this week.
Ask an Expert