The top tour companies celebrating solo travel to New Zealand.
New Zealand is a remarkably beautiful destination that’s only a hop, skip and a jump away from Australia. Within the nation lie arresting vistas, snow-capped mountains, active volcanoes, award-winning wineries and a wealth of adventure sports that will get your heart pumping and your adrenaline up.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a party of 10 or a party of one, New Zealand doesn’t discriminate – and neither do these tours, which are absolutely perfect for solo travellers.
What’s your adventure?
If you’re taking the plunge into solo travelling, there’s little that compares to Contiki. Many of its tours are catered to youths who aren’t afraid to have fun and make new friends.
- Many tours are specially created for 18-35 year olds
- Stay in shared accommodation or request a single room
- ME Time Optionals available on certain tours, enabling you to add your own personal “must dos” to your itinerary
With one of the widest selection of tours across some of the biggest tour companies worldwide, TourRadar will no doubt have the perfect trip for your needs.
- Hundreds of New Zealand tours available for all ages
- Choose “Independent” as your travel style for flexi, hop-on/hop-off and self-guided tours
- Features tours from operators such as Topdeck, Bamba Experience, Haka Tours and Exodus Travels
Viator is a hub of activities and tours that are verified by its users through photos and reviews. Read up on fellow solo traveller experiences of each tour to see if it works for you before you book!
- Helicopter, cultural, sightseeing, watersport and water tours available
- One-day and multi-day trips available
- Be inspired by the “Things to Do in New Zealand” section for great ideas on what to do
Searching for adventure? Intrepid offers physically challenging tours of New Zealand for those who love to explore and want to see it all.
- Tours of New Zealand range from 11-22 days
- Trips depart from Auckland or Christchurch
- Single supplements (where you’ll pay a fee for single accommodation instead of shared) available for many trips
5. G Adventures
YOLO is the name of the game for many of G Adventures’ New Zealand tours, so if you’re a solo traveller who believes that you only live once, then these are the tours for you.
- Choose a YOLO adventure for fast, fresh and fun trips with like-minded budget travellers
- Small groups with an average of 16 people mean you’ll really get to know your group
- Tours available to cater for 18-39 year olds
6. STA Travel
Not just for student travellers, STA Travel specialises in budget travel for anyone up for an adventure.
- Tours specially catered for 18-35 year olds available
- Tours range from 1-30 days
- Adventure, trekking and drinking tours