The top tour companies celebrating solo travel to New Zealand.
New Zealand is a remarkably beautiful destination that’s only a hop, skip and a jump away from Australia. Within the nation lie arresting vistas, snow-capped mountains, active volcanoes, award-winning wineries and a wealth of adventure sports that will get your heart pumping and your adrenaline up.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a party of 10 or a party of one, New Zealand doesn’t discriminate – and neither do these tours, which are absolutely perfect for solo travellers.
Read on about the top New Zealand tour companies for singles, or see a quick snapshot of how they compare.
If you’re taking the plunge into solo travelling, there’s little that compares to Contiki. Many of its tours are catered to youths who aren’t afraid to have fun and make new friends.
- Many tours are specially created for 18-35 year olds
- Stay in shared accommodation or request a single room
- ME Time Optionals available on certain tours, enabling you to add your own personal “must dos” to your itinerary
With one of the widest selection of tours across some of the biggest tour companies worldwide, TourRadar will no doubt have the perfect trip for your needs.
- Hundreds of New Zealand tours available for all ages
- Choose “Independent” as your travel style for flexi, hop-on/hop-off and self-guided tours
- Features tours from operators such as Topdeck, Bamba Experience, Haka Tours and Exodus Travels
Searching for adventure? Intrepid offers physically challenging tours of New Zealand for those who love to explore and want to see it all.
- Tours of New Zealand range from 11-22 days
- Trips depart from Auckland or Christchurch
- Single supplements (where you’ll pay a fee for single accommodation instead of shared) available for many trips
YOLO is the name of the game for many of G Adventures’ New Zealand tours, so if you’re a solo traveller who believes that you only live once, then these are the tours for you.
- Choose a YOLO adventure for fast, fresh and fun trips with like-minded budget travellers
- Small groups with an average of 16 people mean you’ll really get to know your group
- Tours available to cater for 18-39 year olds
Designed to give the independent traveller a taste of the real New Zealand, TopDeck's tours offer intrepid wanderers the chance to do everything from the tourist must-dos like Milford Sound Cruises to local lamb and wine feasts in the Marlborough wine regions.
- Tours specially catered for 18-39 year olds available
- Tours range from 5-18 days
- Adrenalin-pumping, nature-focused tours
Catering for those with a sense of adventure and a positive attitude, Haka tours is a casually run tour company that just wants to show people form around the world the natural beauty and unique culture New Zealand has to offer.
- Tours available for all ages
- Tours range from 4-24 days
- Adventure tours with special snow and mountain biking trips available
|Best for company for:||Which company and why?|
|Number of itineraries||TourRadar: Offers 250+ tours from more than a dozen operators.|
|Length of tours available||TourRadar: Offers tours varying from 3 to 33 days in length.|
|Price||TourRadar: Offered the lowest starting price on tours at just $192 for a 3-day tour|
|Age restrictions||TourRadar, STA Travel and G Adventures: All offer tours for all ages and restricted age groups for those who prefer to travel with similar-aged people.|
|Tour styles available||G Adventures: Offers a wide range of styles available including youth-focused tours, higher-end tours and niche-market tours.|
|Single supplements||Contiki, TourRadar, Intrepid, G Adventures, STA Travel, TopDeck, Haka Tours: All offer tours without required single supplements, however it is available if desired.|
Want to see a full list of what each company offers? Click the questions below to expand to see more details.