New Zealand borders are open: Fly there from $159 each way on Jetstar
Visit Auckland, Queenstown, Christchurch and Wellington this winter.
TL;DR: What's the deal with this flight sale?
Cheapest flight available:
$159 one way
26 July to 22 September 2022
Travellers, the time is finally here. As of 11:59pm 12 April, Australians can officially visit New Zealand for tourism quarantine-free.
As if that wasn't enough, Jetstar has timed its latest sale perfectly with flights to New Zealand's major cities slashed to as little as $159 each way.
For that price, you can get from the Gold Coast to either Wellington or Christchurch.
Here's the full list of flights:
- Gold Coast to Christchurch: From $159 one-way
- Gold Coast to Wellington: From $159 one-way
- Gold Coast to Queenstown: From $165 one-way
- Gold Coast to Auckland: From $169 one-way
- Melbourne to Auckland: From $175 one-way
- Melbourne to Christchurch: From $175 one-way
- Sydney to Auckland: From $179 one-way
- Melbourne to Queenstown: From $189 one-way
- Sydney to Queenstown: From $189 one-way
Eligible travel dates range from 26 July to 22 September 2022, which is great for anyone wanting to hit the slopes as it's peak ski season.
- New Zealand, here I come: Compare your flight options and book with Flight Centre here.
How good are these Jetstar sale fares?
On average, you can expect to pay $250–$300 return for a flight to Auckland or $300–$400 return for a flight to Christchurch, Queenstown or Wellington on Jetstar.
While these numbers put this sale in the "average" bucket, they do include flights to Queenstown during peak season.
This sale is available until 11:59pm AEST on 14 April 2022, unless sold out prior.
These fares at a glance
- Good flexibility. Opt in to Jetstar's Fly Flexible policy and you'll get 1 fee-free date change. This is valid on international flights booked by 30 June 2022 for travel by 31 August 2023. A fare difference may apply.
- Good airline. Jetstar is considered one of the best budget airlines in the Asia-Pacific and is great if you're a light traveller as prices only include carry-on luggage. Need more? You can purchase extra luggage and meals during the booking process.
- Great travel time. All flights are direct, saving you time in transit.
- Okay weather. Being winter, these flights are geared at those who either like the cold or want a ski holiday. If you want to sightsee or visit the fjords, we suggest you book dates at the end of September to catch better weather.
While borders might be open, there are still a few rules to travelling from Australia to New Zealand.