Having an organised office is one of the important keys to success in today’s competitive environment. Take advantage of these vital tips on how to maintain order in your workspace.
The New Year comes with excitement, resolutions and the perfect opportunity to start with a clean slate. Now is the best time to organise your office and maximise your efficiency throughout the year. If you don’t organise your office early in the year, you’ll continue putting off this important task and you may never accomplish it. A disorganised office is costly and can send the wrong message to your boss, co-workers or customers. If you maintain a tidy and orderly workspace, you will increase your productivity and reduce the time spent on searching for what you need to do your work.
Top products to help you get organised
Express Beech Bookcase
Brooks Office Chair
Active Storage Sideboard
Active Desk and Pedestal
How to organise every office
A home office is an office inside your residence that serves as the primary area where you perform your business activities. Even if you can work in your home office with your pyjama bottoms, you should aim to keep it organised with the following items.
Single storage drawer.
Office 365 (Personal) - 1 year
iPhone 6 Plus
Your small office should project a professional image for your company. If you keep it disorderly, it will be dysfunctional and you will not be able to accomplish your tasks effectively. Here are some products to help you have a small office you can both appreciate and work in.
The Office: An American Workplace - Season 8 DVD
Executive Mesh Chair, Black
Lund 4-Seater Sofa
Your designer office should be an attractive and efficient workspace. If you cram it with unnecessary items you may spend a lot of time finding the essential things you need for work. Here are clever items and space-saving tips to assist you make the most out of your designer office space.
Dell Wireless Mouse - WM514
Gunshot Office Stapler
Space Saving Stationery Tower
Best retailers to help you organise your office
Amazon US site
Current home and office deals and specials
5 steps to office organisation success
1. Clean up your office
De-clutter, empty, destroy and throw out anything that you do not use or want. Spend some time weeding through your office. Is there anything you haven’t used in months? Purge one zone at a time until everything is orderly.
Here are a few things you should get rid of:
- Pens that are not in good working condition.
- Old magazines, newspapers and internet print-outs.
- Office equipment and furniture that is no longer used or is broken. Some of these items include old phones, computers, printers and broken tables and chairs. You can also repair these items to improve their functionality.
- Documents that are no longer relevant.
2. Keep your computer organised
Face it: your computer is a natural clutter magnet, so you should aim to keep it organised as much as possible. Loading programs and documents haphazardly onto your hard drive will ultimately make your computer disorderly and navigating it will be a chore.
Here are some ideas on how to keep your computer organised:
- Set up a filing system. Create folders in a manner that you can easily retrieve them when needed. For example, you can set up one main folder for your customers and, within that, one file for every customer.
- Get rid of old files. Files and computer programs you are no longer using should be tossed out; otherwise they’ll make your machine slow and inefficient.
- Don’t forget to backup files. Keep versions of your essential documents on an external device or on an online storage service as a precautionary measure in case you accidentally lose anything important.
- Sort out your emails. Keep your email inbox orderly by creating folders, deleting outdated messages and organising how you see your mail.
3. Keep essential accessories close by
You should keep the tools you use frequently within reach so that you can easily find them whenever they are required. You’ll waste a lot of valuable time leaving your desk to look for the items you use regularly. If there is something that is seldom used, store it or put it away. You can place a shelf near your desk to keep the documents and other books you use on a constant basis. Other accessories that are not used frequently, such as binders, can be placed away from your desk.
4. Does your desk give you breathing space?
If your office desk is buried under heaps of papers and tons of office supplies, you may not be able to think properly or efficiently perform your duties. You will be confused, especially when looking for that essential item. Since you spend the most time at your desk, it’s important that you keep it as organised as possible. If you have a cluttered desk, clear everything from it, clean it very well and put back only those important things you use regularly. You can use desktop organisers or containers to keep the accessories on your desk orderly. Use trays for papers and containers for other items that otherwise stop you from seeing the top of your desk.
5. Invest in a filing cabinet
Having a filing cabinet is a good way of ensuring your office is orderly with adequate space. If you purchase a lockable fireproof container, your important items will remain safe at all times—even in the event of fire. Depending on your budget, you should purchase a drawer with multiple filing cabinets to maximise storage space. Develop a robust system for organising your files. Instead of just throwing your paperwork in there, label each file and place it properly to avoid spending a lot of time looking for it when needed.
Why shop at finder.com.au to get your office organised?
- A wide range of retailers. Finder.com.au brings numerous top retailers together in one place so you will always get what you are looking for to organise your office.
- One-stop resource centre. You will get great ideas on how to make your office organised all on one site.
- Free shipping. Most of the retailers featured on our site guarantee your satisfaction by offering free shipping, so you can always shop with confidence.
- Shop anytime, anywhere. You will not need to drive to your favourite store to make purchases; in fact, you can shop in your bed while still in your pyjamas.
- Affordable prices. Finder.com.au has an extensive range of exclusive online offers from several top retailers. After you’ve found the item you want to purchase, use a promo code to get increased savings.