Happiness is something that we seek and discover at the same time. Kick-start your year with the best resolutions.
Tired of going through the process of having the same resolution each start of the year? If so read ahead, as we unveil how you can set a New Year’s resolution about being happier.
Browse through inspirational materials from featured merchants to help you kick-start your year and lead you to lasting happiness. Use the promo codes found on the page and brace yourself as you enter the realm of true happiness.
How to set a New Year’s resolution about being happier
Every year, we try to come up with resolutions to make us happier and feel content. The most common resolutions include losing weight, eating healthily, quitting smoking and reducing debt. Looking at the brighter side of things, we do every effort to fulfill these resolutions which, more often than not, last only for a couple of weeks.
Admit it, you’ve been through the same cycle every New Year’s Eve and have probably experienced the same failure. Perhaps it’s time for a new resolution that’s easier to keep? But before anything else, do your best to reflect on the following:
- Are you motivated enough? Assess yourself. Willpower is important to get you going until you attain success.
- Know thyself. In business, the SWOT analysis is used, where we list down our strengths and weaknesses, as well as the opportunities and threats that we see. Apply this to yourself. Identify each and know how to balance them to meet the challenges.
- Real resolution. Knowing what your limitations and capabilities are, set your goals and have a realisable resolution.
- Happiness guarantee. Will the resolution you want to keep guarantee you true happiness, or is it something that would just make you happier? Ask this and evaluate your resolution.
For those who want to lose weight and find happiness this way, start with the simplest things like internalising the importance of being healthy. You will learn that getting enough sleep helps in improving metabolism and gives you positive energy to make you feel happy and energised throughout the day. Coupled with exercise and a healthy diet, you will definitely get a boost of happiness.
If you are into a debt-free resolution, you can make a budget plan for your expenses and allocate a portion of your income to pay off your existing debt. Financial constraints are minimised by having a well-defined budget to prevent you from spending beyond your means.
What can you do to be happier?
Everybody wants to be happy. Happiness depends on how we deal with life’s circumstances. As the Dalai Lama once said, "Happiness is not something really made. It comes from our own actions." Take time to reflect on this and follow these simple tips so you can make your resolution a reality.
- Start fresh with short-term resolutions. When failure is inevitable, avoid it by skipping from the usual long-term goals to taking turtle steps towards achieving it. Start with daily and weekly resolutions instead.
- Embrace positivity and optimism. See failures as opportunities to improve yourself and become stronger. Never keep grudges in your heart. Instead, learn to forgive and forget. You only get heartaches by hating. Worse is that it contributes to ageing.
- Connect with family and friends. Socialise and have some people to share your experiences with. It always feels relieving to share your worries and you will feel more loved as they give you comforting words and a warm hug. You will feel happier with every little thing you achieved as connections give value and meaning to our lives.
- Be creative and nurture your skills. Creativity and art relieve you from stress and helps release happy hormones in your brain.
- Show kindness. Share and lend a hand to others. There is nothing more rewarding than the feeling of fulfilment in extending help to a complete stranger without expecting anything in return. This kind of happiness lasts a lifetime.
- Live a healthy lifestyle. Exercising regularly and having a healthy diet are the most effective ways to stay healthy. When you speak of health, consider all aspects of being healthy – physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Any negative feeling can change your mood and become a hindrance to you becoming happy. Exercise boosts confidence and self-worth.
- Surrender yourself to a greater being. Spirituality or having a religious practice makes us recognise a greater being to whom we surrender ourselves and problems. By believing that someone up there is going to embrace you despite your limitations, you will always feel comforted and freed from all your worries. Leaving everything in the hands of the greater being you believe in takes away your emotional baggage and leads you to a happier life.
- Love yourself. There's no greater love than the love for oneself. You cannot achieve real happiness if you are not at peace with yourself. With this follows the ability to show genuine care for others.
Each day offers an opportunity for us to achieve the goals we have set for ourselves. Stick to your plans, change for the better and experience a lifetime of happiness.
Top ten products to help you plan out your New Year’s resolution
The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work from Amazon US site
Learn the breakthrough theory about happiness fueling success, not the other way around as was previously thought.View details
The Happiness Trap : Stop Struggling, Start Living from Booktopia
Learn about Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and how to apply this in your own life to increase self-awareness among other things.View details
Happy from DVDLand
Get this feature-length documentary that leads viewers on a journey across five continents in search of the keys to happiness.View details
Cruise from Expedia.com.au
Expand your horizons, see new things and feel the excitement of each cruise you take. Travel and be happy.View details
Australian Yoga Journal from iSUBSCRiBE
Discover healthy recipes, inspirational people and places, and everything that you need to know to have a balanced and happy life.View details
The Secrets of Happy Families: Improve Your Mornings, Rethink Family Dinner, Fight Smarter, Go Out and Play, and Much More (Hardback) from The Book Depository
An informative and entertaining guide to help families cherish and enrich home life and strengthen bonds in this age of distraction.View details
Which retailers can help you better in your pursuit of happiness?
Styletread from Styletread
Grab a new shoe from Style Tread and get a discount using finder.com.au promo codes when you make your purchase.View details
Topman from Topman
Get classy but stylish underwear for men at Topman. The brand is a leading fashion retailer in the UK.View details
Rebel Sport from rebel Sport
If you want to buy sporty undershirts, Rebel Sports is the best place to go.View details
Infinity Scarf Styles from ASOS
Look who is killing it when it comes to providing cozy and completely appropriate scarf but ASOS. With a wide range of selection (Tommy Hilfiger, PS by Paul Smith Pom Pom,Gigi Hadid) on their site, checkout the one that suits your taste the best, wrap up any outfit, whatever the weather.View details
Crossroads from Crossroads
Crossroads offers the latest trends for all women and sells skirts, bottoms, denim, knitwear, jackets and accessories. You can count on customer service, integrity and competitive prices.View details
Surfstitch from SurfStitch
Grab a bargain from SurfStitch onlineView details
Bonds Outlet from Bonds Outlet
Grab a bargain with these offerings from Bonds OutletView details
The Iconic from THE ICONIC
Pick up a bargain with these savings from The IconicView details
Current deals and specials
Why shop at finder.com.au for your New Year’s resolution needs?
- Hassle-free shopping. We feature countless online retailers to give you convenience in its truest sense.
- Financial expert advice. Whether you are looking at a loan or an investment, we offer you the best comparisons and analyses.
- Huge discount offers. With these, you surely get the best value for your money each time you shop using our coupon codes.
- We value your time. Save time from switching through sites as we do the research part for you.