Ring in 2019 with fireworks and parties on New Year's Eve in Perth.
Perth celebrates New Year’s Eve in style with fireworks and events along the famous Swan River, Rottnest Island, Mandurah and on the banks of the Cannington River.
If you have children, there's family-friendly shows earlier in the night. If you’re having a night out with grown-ups only, party until the new year on a cruise, get tickets to the city's hottest parties or get down to Swan River for the midnight fireworks.
Whether you are a local or a visitor to Western Australia’s capital, use this guide to plan the big night.
Image: Experience Perth
Where to watch the New Year’s Eve Perth fireworks
- Northbridge. Fireworks at 9pm and midnight. The events in Northbridge are hosted by the City of Perth and include a family friendly display at 9pm as well as the midnight fireworks.
- Crown Perth and Swan River adjacent to Raffles Hotel. Fireworks at midnight. Two of the biggest hotels along the Swan River will light up at midnight for the New Year.
- Rockingham. Fireworks at 9pm and midnight. Rockingham always throws a big family-friendly event for New Year’s Eve, and this year will be no exception. The foreshore in Churchill Park will host a fair, children’s entertainment and food stalls to keep everyone going throughout the night.
- Mandurah. Fireworks at 9pm and midnight. Mandurah will also host family-friendly events with a silent disco, children’s entertainment and food stalls.
- Rottnest Island. Fireworks at 8pm. The early show allows the little ones to join in the fun before they get off to bed in time. Adults can kick up their heels throughout the night at one of the many parties and discos hosted by one of Western Australia’s most famous tourist attractions.
- Cannington. Fireworks at midnight. Cannington Greyhounds on the banks of the Cannington River will throw a New Year’s Eve bash with races, children’s entertainment and rides. Children younger than 18 are allowed in for free but must be with an adult.
New Year’s Eve cruises in Perth
Make the evening a special one with a river cruise and take in one of Perth’s most beautiful features – the city’s waterways – as you celebrate 2019.
- Captain Cook Cruises: Join in on an 18+ Swan River cruise, taking in the Perth Skyline and midnight fireworks. It departs Perth at 8pm and features a buffet dinner, drinks and DJ entertainment. Tickets are $249pp. You can upgrade to a premium drinks package for $20 per person.
- Crystal Swan: Set sail from Elizabeth Quay on a New Year's Eve cruise with all the trimmings. That's a 5-hour cruise, welcome drink, mains, dessert, photobooth, resident DJ and midnight countdown. Tickets $195pp.
Events and parties on New Year's Eve in Perth
Looking for a party? These venues have already announced their 2018/2019 events:
- Foreshore NYE: Ring in the new year at a riverfront party complete with food trucks, cocktail bars and brews and wines from local vineyards and breweries. There will also be local bands, DJs, an acoustic VIP stage, silent disco and roving performers to top off the night. Tickets from $39.80. VIP tickets from $159.80, which includes drinks, dinner and private bar access. Deck tickets from $226.83.
- New Year's Eve on Rottnest Island: Perfect for families, this event has roving entertainment, face painters with glow-in-the-dark paint and a 9pm fireworks display. Free event once on the island.
- The Great Gatsby night at The Vines Resort: Join a Great Gatsby-themed party at a vineyard complete with canapes and drinks followed by dinner and more drinks. There will be a DJ playing all night and glitter cannons at midnight. While this one is a little bit outside Perth and doesn't have views of the fireworks, it's worth it. Tickets are $160. 18+ only.
- Graduation Party at the Court: Pegged to be the biggest party in the history of the Court. Dress up as cheerleaders and jocks for this party set to old-school music from the 80s, 90s and beyond. Tickets from $27.
- The Wedding Singer New Year's Eve: The Spaniard Tapas Bar in the CBD will be putting on an 80s themed New Year's Eve event, which includes four hours of drinks, canapes and plenty of paella. Tickets from $94.
- One Night in Vegas at Pagoda Resort: All the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas is coming to Perth for one night, complete with the King of Rock. The event includes canapes, drinks and a 3-course dinner. Tickets from $195.
Where to stay on New Year’s Eve in Perth
Mandurah Private Collection
Pan Pacific Perth
Hyatt Regency Perth
Fraser Suites Perth