Up to 34% off + an extra $50 off stays with code
Top hotels to book on New Year’s Eve fireworks in Melbourne
Our picks of hotels that are available to book for New Year's Eve 2021/2022 in Melbourne, all within easy reach of the city's events.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
New Year's only comes once a year. Making it a glamorous one this year by booking a room in the city is a no-brainer.
Although we're yet to hear if fireworks will be lighting up the skies over Melbourne this year, we can confirm that these hotel options are worthy of a celebration to bid adieu to 2021.
Our picks: The best hotels to book to view the New Year's Eve fireworks in Melbourne
Adina mixes a central city location with the comforts of home in the form of apartment-style rooms that are modern and spacious.
- Federation Square and Collins Street are a 20-minute walk.
- Only a 14-minute walk to Kings Domain for the midnight fireworks.
- Indoor pool, sauna and massage services; this apart-hotel is also family-friendly.
- Request a room with a city view such as the Queen Alcove for a better chance of catching the fireworks.
- Availability: Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne has multiple rooms available for 31 December.
This small and funky hotel is designed with influence from Melbourne's street art laneways, and isn't too far from them either.
- Within walking distance of shopping, Old Melbourne Gaol, Royal Exhibition Building, cafes and eateries.
- 20-minute walk to Kings Domain and Federation Square for NYE celebration events and fireworks.
- A rooftop terrace and complimentary Wi-Fi are available plus breakfast is served daily.
- Availability: Ovolo Laneways requires guests to book a minimum 2-night stay for New Year's Eve. 30 December - 1 January and 31 December - 2 January are both available. We'd suggest booking 31 December - 2 January as this falls on the weekend.
With floor-to-ceiling windows and panoramic views of the city's skyline and Yarra River, Pan Pacific Melbourne is one of the top spots to catch the fireworks.
- Within walking distance of shopping, Melbourne Aquarium and Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex.
- Rooftop terrace, fitness centre, on-site restaurant and bar and child services are available.
- Request a room with city views to ensure fireworks are seen from your room.
- Availability: You can book a deluxe, deluxe double or standard double family room at the Pan Pacific on New Year's Eve.
Reel in the action of New Year's Eve right on your hotel's doorstep with bars and clubs only steps away.
- Within walking distance of the State Library of Victoria and Old Melbourne Gaol.
- Flagstaff Gardens is an 11-minute stroll away for fireworks.
- Swimming pool, sauna and 24-hour room service are available.
- No specific room type offers guaranteed views of the fireworks so it is best to request a room with a city view.
- Availability: New Year's Eve stays are available at Jasper Boutique Hotel for 2021.
Best Western Melbourne offers rooms of various sizes for couples, groups and families and is centrally located to boot.
- Within walking distance of Eureka Tower, Collins Street, Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex.
- 15-minute walk from Flinders Station.
- Coffee bar, massage services and 24-hour staff available.
- Availability: Best Western has multiple room types available for 31 December.
Expect stunning city views and easy access to Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex from your stay.
- 5-star, stylish accommodation.
- 18-minute walk to Federation Square or 23 minutes to Docklands for fireworks.
- Infinity pool, panoramic city views, fitness centre, on-site restaurants and shopping.
- Fireworks can be seen from City Luxe rooms and from the pool and gym level.
- Availability: The Crown Metropol Melbourne has blocked off the peak Christmas and New Year's period and stays cannot be booked between 24 December to 17 January currently.
With views of the NYE fireworks available from multiple rooms at this hotel, why would you even bother to leave? If you do, top party spots are only a 10-minute walk away.
- Eureka Tower, Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex, and Collins Street are within walking distance.
- Stunning city views, heated pool, rooftop terrace, jacuzzi, sauna and a limousine service.
- Multiple rooms showcase views of the Yarra River, Melbourne skyline and Docklands if the fireworks go ahead.
- Availability: Similar to the Crown Metropol, the Crown Promenade Melbourne has blocked off the peak Christmas and New Year's period and stays currently cannot be booked between 24 December to 17 January.
New Year's Eve accommodation in Melbourne that's still available for 2021/2022
All within walking distance of New Year's Eve hotspots, these hotels still have availability on New Year's Eve as at the time of publishing.
Depending on the room you book, some may even have views right from your room. However, it's best to check directly with the hotel to avoid disappointment.
|Hotel||Location||NYE price (31/12/21 - 01/01/22)||Book|
|Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne||CBD (near Flinders Station)||From $539 for 2 adults||Check rates|
|The Savoy Hotel On Little Collins Melbourne||Southbank||From $699 for 2 adults||Check rates|
|Travelodge Melbourne||CBD||From $549 for 2 adults||Check rates|
|The Hotel Windsor||CBD||From $480 for 2 adults||Check rates|
|Stamford Plaza Melbourne||CBD||From $630 for 2 adults||Check rates|
|Causeway 353 Hotel||CBD||From $617 for 2 adults||Check rates|
|Mantra On Little Bourke||CBD||From $660 for 2 adults||Check rates|
Frequently asked questions about staying in Melbourne for New Year's Eve
Where are the Melbourne New Year's Eve fireworks?
The 2021/2022 fireworks haven't been given the green light yet but there are still plenty of events that have already been announced for New Year's in Melbourne on 31 December.
Where should I stay in Melbourne on New Year's Eve?
The CBD, Docklands and South Yarra are within easy reach of all of the city's usual New Year's Eve celebration zones.
What are the best hotels for views of the Melbourne New Year's Eve fireworks?
Opt for river-facing rooms in hotels along the Yarra River. Quay West Suites Melbourne, The Langham Melbourne, Crown Towers Melbourne, Pan Pacific Melbourne and Crowne Plaza Melbourne are your best bet for a view from your room.
As specific rooms often can't be guaranteed at the time of booking, we recommend double checking with the hotel that you can get a view from your room to avoid disappointment on the night.
Latest deals on hotels in Melbourne
More guides on Finder
Hotel review: Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort
A tropical haven located in the heart of Cairns, the Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort ticks all of the boxes for a luxurious stay.
Wyndham Surfers Paradise review: Best family stays on Gold Coast
The Wyndham Surfers Paradise offers luxury apartment accommodation on the Gold Coast, but is it one of the best family stays?
Iconic Kirra Beach Resort review: Family apartments in Coolangatta
If you're travelling with kids to the Gold Coast, Queensland, the Iconic Kirra Beach Resort could be the best family accommodation for your needs.
Discovery Parks Hervey Bay review: Family accommodation
If you’re looking for family accommodation near Fraser Island, consider the Hervey Bay Discovery Parks camping, caravan and cabin site.
Pullman Sydney Hyde Park review
The Pullman Sydney Hyde Park has spectacular views, but does this CBD accommodation offer a comfortable stay?
Where to use your $50 Stay NSW vouchers
More incentives to spend time travelling in New South Wales are on their way.
13 best pet-friendly accommodation options on the Gold Coast
A list of pet-friendly accommodation on the Gold Coast, so you can take your fur-baby travelling with you.
Crowne Plaza Adelaide hotel review
Is the Crowne Plaza Adelaide a good place to stay? Find out in Finder's review.
Best Melbourne hotels with parking
These are the hotels in Melbourne CBD that have on-site parking.
Top Melbourne hotels with spa bath in room
Discover the Melbourne hotels that come fully equipped with your own private spa bath.
Ask an Expert