Top hotels to book on New Year’s Eve fireworks in Melbourne
Our picks of hotels that are available to book for New Year's Eve 2020/2021 in Melbourne, all within easy reach of the city's events.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
New Year's only comes once a year. Want to make it a glamorous one? Then booking a room in the city is a no-brainer.
While there won't be any fireworks lighting up the skies over Melbourne this year, we can confirm that these hotel options are still worthy of a celebration. Many are also within easy reach of the New Year Street Feasts festival taking place and other venues hosting events ton bid adieu to 2020.
New Year's Eve accommodation in Melbourne that's still available for 2020/2021:
All within walking distance of the fireworks view points, these hotels still have availability on New Year's Eve as at the time of publish.
Depending on the room you book, some may even have views right from your room. However, it's best to check directly with the hotel to avoid disappointment.
|Hotel||Location||NYE Price (31/12/20 - 01/01/21)||Book|
|Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne||CBD (Federation Square)||From $311||Check rates|
|Batman's Hill on Collins||CBD||From $199||Check rates|
|Citadines On Bourke Melbourne||CBD||From $186||Check rates|
|Clarion Suites Gateway||CBD (near Flinders Station)||From $249||Check rates|
|Crowne Plaza Melbourne||Docklands||From $386||Check rates|
|Doubletree by Hilton Melbourne||CBD (near Flinders Station)||From $212||Check rates|
|Great Southern Hotel Melbourne||CBD||From $194||Check rates|
|Jasper Hotel||CBD||From $196||Check rates|
|The Langham Melbourne||Southbank||From $644||Check rates|
|Mantra on Jolimont||Jolimont||From $182||Check rates|
|Mercure Melbourne||Albert Park||From $179||Check rates|
|Ovolo Laneways||CBD (near Parliament House)||From $278||Check rates|
|Punthill Northbank||CBD (near Southern Cross Station)||From $496||Check rates|
|Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne||CBD||From $222||Check rates|
|Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne||CBD (near Flinders Station)||From $288||Check rates|
|Rydges Melbourne||CBD||From $263||Check rates|
|The Hotel Windsor||East Melbourne||From $289||Check rates|
|The Savoy Hotel On Little Collins Melbourne||Southbank||From $319||Check rates|
|Travelodge Melbourne||CBD||From $289||Check rates|
Our picks: The best hotels to book to view the New Year's Eve fireworks in Melbourne
Note: not all of these hotels have availability this New Year's Eve however, they're great to keep in mind for future end of year celebrations.
Expect stunning city views and easy acccess to Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex from your stay.
- 5-star, stylish accommodation
- 18-minute walk to Federation Square or 23 minutes to Docklands for fireworks
- Infinity pool, panoramic city views, fitness centre, on-site restaurants and shopping
- Fireworks can be seen from City Luxe rooms and from the pool and gym level
Adina mixes a central city location with the comforts of home in the form of apartment-style rooms that are modern and spacious.
- Federation Square and Collins Street are within a 20-minute walk
- Only a 14-minute walk to Kings Domain for the midnight fireworks
- Indoor pool, sauna and massage services. This apart-hotel is also family-friendly
- Request a room with a city view such as the Queen Alcove for a better chance of catching the fireworks
With views of the NYE fireworks available from multiple rooms at this hotel why would you even bother to leave? If you do, top party spots are only a 10-minute walk away.
- Eureka Tower, Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex, and Collins Street are within walking distance
- Docklands and Kings Domain NYE celebrations are within a 12–30 minute walk
- Stunning city views, heated pool, rooftop terrace, jacuzzi, sauna and a limousine service
- Multiple rooms showcase views of the Yarra River, Melbourne skyline and Docklands for the fireworks
This small and funky hotel is designed with influence from Melbourne's street art laneways - and isn't too far from them either.
- Within walking distance of shopping, Old Melbourne Gaol, Royal Exhibition Building, cafes and eateries
- 20-minute walk to Kings Domain and Federation Square for NYE celebration events and fireworks
- A rooftop terrace and complimentary Wi-Fi are available plus breakfast is served daily
With floor-to-ceiling windows and panoramic views of the city's skyline and Yarra River, Pan Pacific Melbourne is one of the top spots to catch the fireworks.
- Within walking distance of shopping, Melbourne Aquarium and Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex
- Rooftop terrace, fitness centre, on-site restaurant and bar and child services are available
- Request a room with city views to ensure fireworks are seen from your room
Reel in the action of New Year's Eve right on your hotel's doorstep with bars and clubs only steps away.
- Within walking distance of the State Library of Victoria and Old Melbourne Gaol
- Flagstaff Gardens is an 11-minute stroll away for fireworks
- Swimming pool, sauna and 24-hour room service are available
- No specific room type offers guaranteed views of the fireworks so it is best to request a room with a city view
Best Western Melbourne offers rooms of various sizes for couples, groups and families and is centrally located to boot.
- Within walking distance of Eureka Tower, Collins Street, Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex
- Only a 15-minute walk away from Kings Domain for NYE entertainment and fireworks
- Coffee bar, massage services and 24-hour staff available
Frequently asked questions about staying in Melbourne for New Year's Eve
Where are the Melbourne New Year's Eve fireworks?
Where should I stay in Melbourne on New Year's Eve?
What are the best hotels for views of the Melbourne New Year's Eve fireworks?
Latest deals on hotels in Melbourne
More guides on Finder
Perth hotels with spas in the room
Find out where you can enjoy your own spa bath with these Perth hotels.
Port Stephens hotels | Where to stay in the sandy beaches north of Sydney
Compare Port Stephens hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Kiama hotels | Where to stay in the coastal town south of Sydney
Compare Kiama hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Blue Mountains hotels | Where to stay in NSW’s world heritage area
Compare Blue Mountains hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Launceston hotels | Where to stay in the Northern Tasmanian city
Compare Launceston hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
How to watch Sydney’s New Year’s Eve fireworks | Ticketholders have access, but you still have options [Updated]
The Sydney New Year's Eve fireworks have been given the green light for 2020/2021. Here's how to enjoy them in a COVIDSafe way while still distancing.
Nelson Bay hotels | Where to stay in Port Stephens’ largest town
Compare Nelson Bay hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Albany hotels | Where to stay on Western Australia’s south coast
Compare Albany hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Cradle Mountain hotels | Where to stay in the central highlands of Tasmania
Compare Cradle Mountain hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Ballarat hotels | Where to stay in Victoria’s central highlands
Compare Ballarat hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay
Ask an Expert