Top hotels to book on New Year’s Eve fireworks in Melbourne
Our picks of hotels that are available to book for New Year's Eve 2020/2021 in Melbourne, all within easy reach of the city's events.
Updated . What changed?
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
New Year's only comes once a year. Want to make it a glamorous one? Then booking a room in the city is a no-brainer.
While there's no confirmation yet that the fireworks are going ahead this year, we can confirm that these plush options have rooms that are the epitome of opulence.
If the night sky does light up on 31 December you can soak up views from your hotel while being within walking distance of popular places to celebrate.
New Year's Eve accommodation in Melbourne that's still available for 2020/2021:
All within walking distance of the fireworks view points, these hotels still have availability on New Year's Eve as at the time of publish.
Depending on the room you book, some may even have views right from your room. However, it's best to check directly with the hotel to avoid disappointment.
|Adelphi Hotel Melbourne||CBD (Federation Square)||Check rates|
|Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne||CBD (Federation Square)||Check rates|
|Clarion Suites Gateway||CBD (near Flinders Station)||Check rates|
|Crown Metropol Melbourne||Southbank||Check rates|
|Doubletree by Hilton Melbourne||CBD (near Flinders Station)||Check rates|
|Grand Hyatt Melbourne||CBD (Federation Square)||Check rates|
|InterContinental Melbourne||CBD||Check rates|
|Jasper Hotel||CBD||Check rates|
|The Langham Melbourne||Southbank||Check rates|
|Mantra on Jolimont||Jolimont||Check rates|
|Ovolo Laneways||CBD (near Parliament House)||Check rates|
|Pullman Melbourne On The Park||East Melbourne (near Fitzroy Gardens)||Check rates|
|Punthill Northbank||CBD (near Southern Cross Station)||Check rates|
|Quay West Suites Melbourne||Southbank||Check rates|
|Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne||CBD (near Flinders Station)||Check rates|
|Travelodge Melbourne||Southbank||Check rates|
Our picks: The best hotels to book to view the New Year's Eve fireworks in Melbourne
Note: not all of these hotels have availability this New Year's Eve however, they're great to keep in mind for future end of year celebrations.
Expect stunning city views and easy acccess to Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex from your stay.
- 5-star, stylish accommodation
- 18-minute walk to Federation Square or 23 minutes to Docklands for fireworks
- Infinity pool, panoramic city views, fitness centre, on-site restaurants and shopping
- Fireworks can be seen from City Luxe rooms and from the pool and gym level
Adina mixes a central city location with the comforts of home in the form of apartment-style rooms that are modern and spacious.
- Federation Square and Collins Street are within a 20-minute walk
- Only a 14-minute walk to Kings Domain for the midnight fireworks
- Indoor pool, sauna and massage services. This apart-hotel is also family-friendly
- Request a room with a city view such as the Queen Alcove for a better chance of catching the fireworks
With views of the NYE fireworks available from multiple rooms at this hotel why would you even bother to leave? If you do, top party spots are only a 10-minute walk away.
- Eureka Tower, Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex, and Collins Street are within walking distance
- Docklands and Kings Domain NYE celebrations are within a 12–30 minute walk
- Stunning city views, heated pool, rooftop terrace, jacuzzi, sauna and a limousine service
- Multiple rooms showcase views of the Yarra River, Melbourne skyline and Docklands for the fireworks
This small and funky hotel is designed with influence from Melbourne's street art laneways - and isn't too far from them either.
- Within walking distance of shopping, Old Melbourne Gaol, Royal Exhibition Building, cafes and eateries
- 20-minute walk to Kings Domain and Federation Square for NYE celebration events and fireworks
- A rooftop terrace and complimentary Wi-Fi are available plus breakfast is served daily
With floor-to-ceiling windows and panoramic views of the city's skyline and Yarra River, Pan Pacific Melbourne is one of the top spots to catch the fireworks.
- Within walking distance of shopping, Melbourne Aquarium and Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex
- Rooftop terrace, fitness centre, on-site restaurant and bar and child services are available
- Request a room with city views to ensure fireworks are seen from your room
Reel in the action of New Year's Eve right on your hotel's doorstep with bars and clubs only steps away.
- Within walking distance of the State Library of Victoria and Old Melbourne Gaol
- Flagstaff Gardens is an 11-minute stroll away for fireworks
- Swimming pool, sauna and 24-hour room service are available
- No specific room type offers guaranteed views of the fireworks so it is best to request a room with a city view
Best Western Melbourne offers rooms of various sizes for couples, groups and families and is centrally located to boot.
- Within walking distance of Eureka Tower, Collins Street, Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex
- Only a 15-minute walk away from Kings Domain for NYE entertainment and fireworks
- Coffee bar, massage services and 24-hour staff available
Frequently asked questions about staying in Melbourne for New Year's Eve
Where are the Melbourne New Year's Eve fireworks?
Where should I stay in Melbourne on New Year's Eve?
What are the best hotels for views of the Melbourne New Year's Eve fireworks?
Latest deals on hotels in Melbourne
More guides on Finder
Ballarat hotels | Where to stay in Victoria’s central highlands
Compare Ballarat hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay
Bendigo hotels | Where to stay in the Ceramic Centre of Victoria
Compare Bendigo hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Newcastle hotels | Where to stay in the NSW coastal city
Compare Newcastle hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Lorne hotels | Where to stay in the town of Lorne on the Great Ocean Road
Compare Lorne hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Hotel health and safety measures that will help keep you safe during COVID-19
Have a safe stay on your next Australian getaway with these hotel health and safety measures.
Caloundra hotels | Where to stay in the Sunshine Coast town
Compare Caloundra hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Port Fairy hotels | Where to stay in the Victoria fishing village
Compare Port Fairy hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
4 Northern Territory road trip itineraries for epic outback adventures
Hit the open outback road and explore some of the NT's most scenic national parks, waterfalls and hot springs.
8 picture-perfect Cairns resorts to book for 2020
Lose yourself in the top accommodation tropical north Queensland has to offer.
Gold Coast resorts for luxury accommodation with all the views
Here are the beachfront resorts with outdoor pools, kids' clubs, acclaimed restaurants and more to really set the scene on your next Gold Coast holiday.
Ask an Expert