New Year's only comes once a year and if you want to make it a glamorous one, booking a room in the city is a no-brainer.
We've sussed out plush options with rooms that are the epitome of opulence. Plus, they all offer views of the fireworks and are within walking distance of popular places to celebrate.
New Year's Eve accommodation in Melbourne that's still available for 2019/2020:
All within walking distance of fireworks view points, s of time of publish, these hotels still have availability on New Year's Eve.
Depending on the room you book, some may even have views right from your room - but it's best to double check directly with the hotel to avoid disappointment as room location and type can make the world of a difference when it comes to that magical New-Year's-Eve view.
Our picks: The best hotels to book to view the New Year's Eve fireworks in Melbourne
You won't be disappointed with the location of Crown Metropol Melbourne which offers stunning city views and is only a short stroll from Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex. It's easily the place to be to celebrate NYE in Melbourne.
- Luxurious and stylish accommodation within walking distance of many of Melbourne's top attractions such as the Arts Centre
- 18-minute walk to Federation Square or 23 minutes to Docklands for fireworks
- Infinity pool, panoramic city views, fitness centre, on-site restaurants and shopping
- Fireworks can be seen from City Luxe rooms and also from the pool and gym level which offers views of the entire city
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne offers a central city location but with the comforts of home with apartment-style rooms that are both spacious and modern.
- Melbourne's main attractions are within a 20-minute walk, including Federation Square, Collins Street and more
- Only a 14-minute walk to Kings Domain for midnight fireworks
- Indoor pool, sauna and massage services, and is family-friendly
- No specific room type offers guaranteed views of the fireworks so it is best to request a room with a city view such as the Queen Alcove
There's no need to leave this luxurious hotel when the NYE fireworks can be seen from many rooms in the hotel, but if you want to get closer to the party the top spots to celebrate in the city are only a short 10-minute walk away or less.
- Eureka Tower, Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex, and Collins Street are within walking distance for shopping and entertainment
- Docklands and Kings Domain NYE celebrations are within a 12–30 minute walk
- Stunning city views, heated pool, rooftop terrace, jacuzzi, sauna and a limousine service are just some of the hotel's amenities
- Multiple rooms showcase views of the Yarra River, Melbourne skyline and Docklands which fireworks can be seen from
This small yet funky hotel is designed with influence from Melbourne's street art laneways and offers the perfect base in the CBD for all of the NYE festivities.
- Centrally located, within walking distance of shopping, Old Melbourne Gaol, Royal Exhibition Building, cafes and eateries
- 20-minute walk to Kings Domain and Federation Square for NYE celebration events and fireworks
- A rooftop terrace and complimentary Wi-Fi are available plus breakfast is served daily
With floor to ceiling windows and panoramic views of the city's skyline and Yarra River, Pan Pacific Melbourne is one of the top spots in the city to catch the NYE fireworks from the comfort of your room.
- Within short walking distance of shopping, Melbourne Aquarium and Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex
- Rooftop terrace, fitness centre, on-site restaurant and bar, and child services are available
- Request a room with city views to ensure fireworks are seen from your room
Jasper Hotel is the perfect place to stay to catch the action of New Year's Eve right on the hotel's doorstep, with bars and clubs only steps away.
- Within walking distance of top attractions such as the State Library of Victoria and the Old Melbourne Gaol
- Flagstaff Gardens is an 11-minute stroll away for fireworks
- Swimming pool, sauna and 24-hour room service are available
- No specific room type offers guaranteed views of the fireworks so it is best to request a room with a city view
Best Western Melbourne offers rooms of various sizes that are perfect for couples, groups and families travelling together who want a central spot in the city with restaurants, bars and NYE entertainment within easy walking distance.
- Within walking distance of some of Melbourne's top attractions such as Eureka Tower, Collins Street, Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex
- Only a 15-minute walk away from Kings Domain for NYE entertainment and fireworks
- Coffee bar, massage services and 24-hour staff available
Where are the Melbourne New Year's Eve fireworks?
Melbourne's main New Year's Eve fireworks displays can be best viewed along the Yarra River and in the Docklands. There are four designated "celebration zones" - Kings Domain, Treasury Gardens, Flagstaff Gardens and the Docklands.
Where should I stay in Melbourne on New Year's Eve?
The CBD, Docklands and South Yarra are within easy reach of all of the city's official New Year's Eve celebration zones.
What are the best hotels for views of the Melbourne New Year's Eve fireworks?
Latest deals on hotels in Melbourne
Popular Hotels coupon codes
|16 Jan 2020
||Up to 40% off worldwide hotels + Extra 8% off with code
|10 Jan 2020
||Extra 8% off hotels
|9 Jan 2020
||Up to 75% off worldwide hotels + extra 5% off with code
|28 Oct 2019
||Extra 9% off hotel bookings
|2 Dec 2019
||Up to 25% off on 2 bedrooms + extra 5% off