Viewing the world-famous light show from the water is the ultimate way to spend New Year's Eve in Sydney. You don't have to battle the crowds at vantage points, or give up the luxury of food and drink (which isn't sold at most of them and BYO is a no-no).
Most cruises last five to seven hours, serve food and drink and give revellers the chance to see both the 9pm family fireworks and the main event at the stroke of midnight.
Some even include a full dinner and an afterparty.
Here are some New Year's Eve Sydney Harbour cruises that you can book now. Get your tickets before they sell out.
Compare New Years Eve cruises in Sydney Harbour 2020/2021:
|New Year's Eve cruise on the Royale||King Street Wharf 6||6 hours||$400||Book now|
|New Year's Eve cruise on the Bundeena||TBC||6.5 hours||$595||Book now|
|New Year's Eve cruise on Proclaim||King Street Wharf 9||6 hours||$595||Book now|
|New Year's Eve on Historic Harbour Ferry - Wangi Queen||The Rocks|
- Finger food (including seafood)
- Wine, beer, soft drinks, juice and water
|5.75 hours||$649||Book now|
|New Year's Eve cruise on Bass and Flinders||TBC||6.5 hours||$650||Book now|
|New Year's Eve cruise on Supercat||King Street Wharf 7|
- All-inclusive food and beverage
- DJ on board
|5.5 hours||$650||Book now|
|New Year's Eve Bella Vista Firework Cruise||Pyrmont||6 hours||$799||Book now|
|Glass boat New Year's Eve cruise||Casino Wharf||6 hours||$918||Book now|
|New Year's Eve cruise with Soren Larsen||Ives Steps Wharf||5.45 hours||$949||Book now|
Our favourite Sydney New Year's Eve cruises for 2020/2021
Looking to save on the cruises above? See our New Year's Eve cruise deals for these sites
Stay ahead of the game by keeping an eye on daily deal sites that may offer last-minute tickets.
What's so good about a New Years Eve cruise in Sydney?
- You avoid the crowds. Cruises limit the number of tickets sold, so you won't have to battle swarms of people to get a good view.
- You'll have a spot held for you. The best places to watch the fireworks fill up fast, which often means arriving as early as the morning of New Year's Eve. If you buy a cruise ticket, simply stroll up at the designated time and you're off.
- You'll get the gold-class treatment. It wouldn’t be New Year's Eve without a glass of bubbly in your hand, and New Year’s Eve harbour cruises tend to come with a bar.
- Food and drink are usually included: If you go to a free vantage point, you'll likely need to bring your own food and most don't allow you to buy drinks and BYO isn't allowed.
Who offers cruises on Sydney Harbour on New Year's Eve?
Choose from dozens of sailings on New Year's Eve, including small catamarans catering to just a dozen people to big party boats with hundreds of people celebrating together.
- Choose from sailings that include food, drinks, or are BYO
- Prices start at $400
Check out Anyboat's cruises
With a range of New Year's Eve events to choose from, including restaurant packages and cruises, Viator sells something for everyone on New Year's Eve.
- All cruises included food and drink
- Prices start at $1,250
Check out Viator's cruises