New Year’s Eve in Canberra 2021/2022 | What’s happening on NYE
Here's where you can celebrate in Australia's capital on 31 December.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
New Year's Eve brings the party to the streets in Canberra with a wealth of live entertainment and kid-friendly activities to regale the crowds.
If you're planning to be in the nation's capital for New Year's, you won't be short of fireworks with the city due to be dressed in light come 9pm and the stroke of midnight.
Want to know the best spots to catch the action and ring in the new year? We've got the details right here.
The best vantage points for watching Canberra's New Year's Eve fireworks display is along the shores of Lake Burley Griffin where the fireworks will be launching from the East, West and Central Basins at 9pm and 12am.
The evening will be kicking off with entertainment from 6pm, so pack a picnic and head down early to enjoy the last night of 2021.
Restaurants across Canberra are celebrating the new year in style. Here are the events that have been confirmed for 2021/2022:
- QT Capitol Bar and Grill: It's all happening at Capitol Bar and Grill on New Year's Eve with an antipasto grazing plate, wood-fired theatrics and exciting cocktails. Come prepared to enjoy quality Italian food and a good atmosphere to send out 2021.
- Southern Cross Yacht Club: Ring in 2022 with a 5-course dinner accompanied with bar facilities and lakeside views of the fireworks. Tickets from $195pp.
- QT Lounge: Celebrate the new year with incredible 15th-floor rooftop views, a delightful interactive marketplace menu, free-flowing champagne and seats overlooking Lake Burley Griffin. Tickets from $219 pp.
- The Garden at Hyatt Hotel Canberra: No stranger to a celebration, the Hyatt loves to throw a party and this year you can enjoy a celebration with a glass of Veuve Clicquot on arrival, interactive food stations, a selection of seafood and a DJ playing a set during your dinner. Tickets from $185 per adult and $92.50 per child.
- New Year's Soirée: Enjoy one last hoorah in 2021 with a night out at First Edition Restaurant and Bar with a glass of Taittinger Champagne, live oyster station, 4-course dinner and live entertainment by local artist, Bella Grove. Tickets from $159 pp.
- NYE Champagne & Cheese: Say goodbye to 2021 with a night of entertainment and good company at First Edition. Receive a glass of Taittinger Champagne on arrival and a local share board for the table. Tickets from $49pp.
- NYE Banquet 2021: Head to Casino Canberra for a 3-course banquet dinner with beverage package. Tickets from $145pp.
- NYE Block Party: For all of the action on New Year's Eve, make your way to Reload Bar & Games to spend the last night of 2021 dancing it up on the dance floor, singing karaoke and playing pool. There are 7 areas, 4 bars and 3 sound systems that will ensure you're entertained all night long. Tickets from $20 per person.
- NYE Party at The Basement: Gather your friends for a night filled with live music and free bubbly at midnight to close out the year. Tickets from $40.30 per person.
At-home dining options in Canberra
Homemade Pasta Making Kit
Spanish Paella Kit
Perfect Pizza Oven At Home Kit
Things to do on New Year's Eve in Canberra
Finish off 2021 with a bang with these epic experiences that are available on 31 December.
National Museum of Australia Building and Architecture Tour
Canberra Scenic Helicopter Flight
National Zoo Cheetah Encounter
Hot Air Balloon Ride
Group Paintball Experience
National Museum of Australia History Tour
Crowne Plaza Canberra
Peppers Gallery Canberra
See the latest Canberra deals
More guides on Finder
Dreamworld review: Is this the best Gold Coast theme park?
Does Dreamworld still deliver a good theme park experience if you're looking for things to do on family holidays to the Gold Coast?
Full list: Where to use your Great State Experiences Voucher in South Australia
From scenic flights, to wine tours and zoo visits, here’s where you can use your Great State Experiences Voucher in South Australia.
Extended: See where to use your Dine and Discover vouchers in NSW
Here's where you can use your Dine and Discover vouchers across dining and entertainment venues until 30 June 2022.
Dubbo Zoo review: Is it worth it with kids?
Finder's Dubbo Zoo review was conducted by a family of five, including three kids under ten. Is it any good?
Escape rooms in Canberra
Looking for a thrill in Australia's capital? Look no further.
Escape rooms in Sydney
Lock in an escape room experience in Sydney with our guide detailing what you need to know.
Taronga Zoo review
We review everything from the animal exhibits to what the zoo is doing to stay COVID-safe.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Adelaide filled with fun in the sun
Book a day out at the beach, the winery, the cinema or more this Boxing Day with these top activities.
11 things to do on Boxing Day on the Gold Coast
Get amongst it all on 26 December with these adrenaline-fuelled or family-friendly activities available on the Gold Coast.
10 fun things to do on Boxing Day in Brisbane
Here’s what you can get up to this Boxing Day in Brisbane.
Ask an Expert