New Year’s Eve in Byron Bay 2020/2021 | What’s happening on NYE
The ins and outs of partying into the new year in Byron Bay.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The below information is for New Year's Eve 2020/2021. We'll update this page with information about the 2021/2022 events once available.
The sleepy town of Byron Bay comes to life over New Year's with restaurant specials, a street party and a music festival.
Curious? You'll want in on this guide to what's on in Byron Bay this New Year's Eve.
Are there Byron Bay New Year’s Eve fireworks?
There are no fireworks or beach parties in Byron Bay to ring in the new year, so if you're looking for sparklers and revellers this isn't the place to be.
- Dining Experience at Home: Enjoy a peaceful family dinner accompanied by a private, highly skilled chef. Servings include three course meal to be delivered and cooked at home.
- New Years Eve Byron Love of Light Cacao Party: Take some time to reflect on the year that was with like-minded individuals in Mullumbimby. Get ready for a night filled with fun and good vibes. Starts at 6pm.
- Art & Wine Co New Years Eve Party: Let your creative side roam free this NYE in Byron's city centre. Bring a wine of your choice and enjoy a night of art, music and your favourite bottle of red (or white).
Best New Year's Eve dinner specials in Byron Bay
- Italian at The Pacific: The Italian is going all-out this year with a six-course degustation to tantalise the senses. This dinner special includes sparkling on arrival and starts at 8pm. $155 per person.
- The Balcony Bar: A cocktail on arrival, a slew of canapes and that all-important glass of bubbly at the stroke of midnight are what you're in for at Balcony Bar this New Year's. With three sittings available, live music playing and views of the street party from the bar's balcony, you're making this a luxurious and chilled one this year. Event is 18+ only. Families are welcome for an early dinner. Tickets from $30.
Things to do on New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
Finish off 2020 with a bang with these epic experiences that are available on 31 December.
Dolphin Kayak Tour
Classic Warbird Flight
Best places to camp on New Year's Eve in Byron Bay
Is your event missing from this list?
Best New Year’s Eve accommodation in Byron Bay
These hotels in and around Byron Bay have rooms available, but if they're sold out, you might like to try looking on homeshare sites like Airbnb.
The Cubana Ballina
Byron Bay Hotel and Apartments
Ballina Beach Resort
Discovery Holiday Parks - Ballina
Ballina Homestead Motel
Ballina Heritage Inn
See the latest Byron Bay deals
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
Ask an Expert