Celebrate in South Australia's capital with style. Here are some ideas for New Year’s Eve in Adelaide.
New Year's Eve party-goers in Adelaide have lots of choice this year with a range of glamorous parties and family-friendly events on offer.
As it does every year, the City of Adelaide will put on a big splash at Elder Park, and the fireworks at Glenelg and Port Adelaide will be vying for attention with carnivals all day and night for the whole family.
Make the most of New Year’s Eve in Adelaide and find out what’s on and where with this guide.
Where to watch the New Year’s Eve fireworks
- New Year’s Eve at the Bay, Glenelg and Brighton Foreshore. Fireworks at 9.30pm and midnight. Get down to Holdfast Bay for New Year’s Eve @ the Bay. The free, family-friendly event includes kids’ entertainment, live music, and food and drink stalls. The festivities kick off at 6pm, and the early fireworks show will be at Glenelg and Brighton jetties. The main fireworks show at midnight will be at Glenelg jetty.
- City of Adelaide fireworks at Elder Park. Fireworks at 8.50pm and midnight. Locals know Elder Park well. It's the heart of the action every year with live music, food and drink, and front-row fireworks right on the river. It’s a classic choice for New Year’s Eve, and it’s also a child-friendly event.
- Semaphore Beach Fireworks, Port Adelaide. Fireworks at midnight. Bring the whole family for a full day and night of festivities with a carnival, waterslide and a ferris wheel flanked by the bustling streets of Port Adelaide. It’s free and starts at 6pm.
- Intercontinental Adelaide. If you want to spend the evening in more glamorous surroundings, the Intercontinental Adelaide offers a range of events, including a family-friendly buffet and your choice of elegant parties. The venue offers front-row seats to the Port Adelaide fireworks.
- Stamford Grand Adelaide. Celebrate on the Glenelg foreshore and be front and centre when the fireworks go off at Brighton and Glenelg. Options include a seafood buffet dinner at the Promenade Restaurant and a themed Great Gatsby cocktail party.