Celebrate in South Australia's capital with style with these top ideas for New Year's Eve in Adelaide.
New Year's Eve party-goers in Adelaide aren't short on everything from glamorous parties to family-friendly events.
As it does every year, The City of Adelaide will put on a big splash at Elder Park, and the fireworks at Glenelg and Port Adelaide vie for attention with carnivals all day and night for the whole family.
So plan early to make the most of New Year's Eve in Adelaide to ring in 2019.
Where to watch the New Year’s Eve fireworks
- New Year's Eve at the Bay, Glenelg and Brighton Foreshore. Fireworks at 9.30pm and midnight. Get down to Holdfast Bay to ring in 2019. The free, family-friendly event includes kids’ entertainment, live music and food and drink stalls. The festivities kick off at 5:30pm and the early fireworks show will be at Glenelg and Brighton jetties. The main fireworks show at midnight will be at Glenelg jetty only.
- City of Adelaide fireworks at Elder Park. Fireworks at 9pm and midnight. Locals know Elder Park well. It's the heart of the action every year with live music, dance groups, food and drink and front-row fireworks right on the river. It’s a classic choice for New Year’s Eve and is also child-friendly. Festivities begin at 6pm.
- Semaphore Beach Fireworks, Port Adelaide. Fireworks at 9:30pm and midnight. Bring the whole family for a night of festivities with a carnival-themed party flanked by the bustling streets of Port Adelaide. It’s a free event and offers a family-friendly firework time of 9:30pm, followed by the big event at midnight.
What's on? The New Year's Eve Adelaide events going on in and around the city
- New Year's Eve Gala at Adelaide Convention Centre: Glam it up on the banks of Adelaide with a 4-course dinner, wine, live music and pyrotechnics display to set 2019 off with a bang. Black tie attire is a must, as is your best countdown voice before the clock strikes midnight. Tickets are $190 per person.
- Hilton Adelaide's New Year's Eve Dinner in Coal Cellar: Sit down to an intimate a la carte dinner before counting down to the big event at the luxe Hilton. Tickets TBA.
- Glenelg Pier Hotel: Right by the beach in Glenelg, this year's even has yet to be announced but last year's included a 2.5-hour canape and drinks package from 9pm (including wine, beer and cider) and champagne at midnight.
- Casino Royale NYE at Stamford Hotel in Glenelg: Featuring a three-course dinner and beverage package before ringing in the new year. Tickers are $165+.
- Horizon's Vintage Hollywood NYE at Stamford Hotel in Glenelg: All about glitz and glamour, this party is themed after the roaring 20s, includes delicious food, outstanding cocktails and live entertainment. Tickets are $125+.
- Grand Bar's NYE Glow Party at Stamford Hotel in Adelaide: Champagne, dancing, music and live DJ entertainment before 2019 strikes. Glow sticks and white shirts are recommended. Tickets from $25+.
Where to stay on New Year’s Eve in Adelaide
The Playford Adelaide
Peppers Waymouth Hotel
Stamford Plaza Adelaide
Mercure Grosvenor Hotel Adelaide
Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury