Celebrate in South Australia's capital with style with these top ideas for New Year’s Eve in Adelaide.
New Year's Eve party-goers in Adelaide had stacks of choice with a range of glamorous parties and family-friendly events on offer.
As it does every year, the City of Adelaide will put on a big splash at Elder Park, and the fireworks at Glenelg and Port Adelaide vie for attention with carnivals all day and night for the whole family.
So plan early to make the most of New Year’s Eve in Adelaide to ring in 2018.
Where to watch the New Year’s Eve fireworks
While the public fireworks display for 2017/2018 hasn't been announced yet, here's what happened last year (which we expect to see something similar to):
- New Year’s Eve at the Bay, Glenelg and Brighton Foreshore. Fireworks at 9.30pm and midnight. Get down to Holdfast Bay for New Year’s Eve @ the Bay. The free, family-friendly event includes kids’ entertainment, live music and food and drink stalls. The festivities kick off at 5:30pm and the early fireworks show will be at Glenelg and Brighton jetties. The main fireworks show at midnight will be at Glenelg jetty only.
- City of Adelaide fireworks at Elder Park. Fireworks at 9pm and midnight. Locals know Elder Park well. It's the heart of the action every year with live music, food and drink and front-row fireworks right on the river. It’s a classic choice for New Year’s Eve and is also child-friendly. Festivities begin at 6pm.
- Semaphore Beach Fireworks, Port Adelaide. Fireworks at 9:30pm and midnight. Bring the whole family for a full day and night of festivities with a carnival, waterslide and a ferris wheel flanked by the bustling streets of Port Adelaide. It’s free and starts at 6pm. 2016 will be the inaugural year of earlier 9:30pm fireworks so the little ones won't miss out.
What's on? The New Year's Eve Adelaide events going on in and around the city
Details for some 2017/2018 New Year's events have now been announced and here's the New Year's Eve Adelaide events that we're excited about. We'll add more to this page as details are announced:
- Hilton Adelaide's New Year's Eve Dinner in Coal Cellar: Sit down to a 5-course dinner before counting down to the big event in The Collins Bar at the luxe Hilton. Tickets are $145.
- Glenelg Pier Hotel: Right by the beach in Glenelg, this event includes a 2.5-hour canape and drinks package from 9pm (including wine, beer and cider) and champagne at midnight. Tickets are $99.
- Masquerade Ball at Stamford Hotel in Glenelg: Don your mask for this mysterious event featuring a four-course dinner and five-hour drinks package before ringing in the new year. Tickers are $159.
- Prohibition Party at Stamford Hotel in Glenelg: All about glitz and glamour, this party is themed after the roaring 20s, but don't worry, alcohol isn't prohibited. The night includes a 2-hour canape and sweet package and 4.5 hours of drinks. Tickets are $120.
- Great Gatsby Party at Stamford Hotel in Adelaide: Champagne, dancing, swing music and all things 1920s are the name of the game at the Stamford Plaza's Great Gatsby-themed New Year's Eve event, complete with a four-course dinner and five-hour drinks package. Tickets from $169.