New Sonic Forces trailer highlights new villains and gameplay
Shadow the Hedgehog makes a return.
Sonic the Hedgehog's Switch outing, Sonic Forces has received a new trailer at E3 2017.
The new footage shows off a little more of those sweet customisation options we saw a few weeks back and a little more around gameplay and story.
The gameplay seems to be split into "modern" and "classic" sections, featuring 3D exploration and 2D sidescrolling respectively. It makes sense considering the last positively received Sonic games was Generations, a game that followed the same formula.
In addition to gameplay, we got a closer look at the villains. Amongst the rogue's gallery, we can see Shadow the Hedgehog and Metal Sonic, but most interestingly, they all seem to be led by a brand-new villain made for Sonic Forces. We're looking forward to seeing more from Forces when it releases in Australia in 2017.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?