Compare flight, hotel, vacation and cruise packages.
Finder Opal fare calculator: How much will your trip cost?
Calculate your next fare.
Use the official Transport NSW trip planner fare calculator below, or find your price in the fare table.
Opal fares are based off distance travelled, with a set price for certain distance ranges. These are different for trains, buses, ferries and light rail.
|0-3 km||3-8 km||Over 8 km|
|Adult Opal Card||$2.24||$3.73||$4.80|
|All concession Opal Cards||$1.12||$1.86||$2.40|
|Less than 9 km||More than 9 km|
|Adult Opal Card||$6.12||$7.65|
|Child and Student Opal Card||$3.06||$3.82|
|Gold Opal Card||$2.50||$2.50|
|0-3 km||3-8 km|
|All Concession Opal Cards||$1.12||$1.86|
Train fares work differently. You can use this calculator or find your price in the table below.
- +3.21 km is added to trip distance if your train passes through Wynyard, Kings Cross or Central Station.
- Trains will not always use the shortest available route to calculate your distance travelled.
- You get 30% off when travelling off-peak, on weekends or on public holidays.
|0-10 km||10-20 km||20-35 km||35-65 km||More than 65 km|
|Adult Opal Card||$3.61||$4.48||$5.15||$6.89||$8.86|
|Child and Student Opal Card||$1.80||$2.24||$2.57||$3.44||$4.43|
|Gold Opal Card||$1.80||$2.24||$2.50||$2.50||$2.50|
- Once you complete eight journeys between Monday and Sunday, your fares for the rest of the week are half price.
- You get $2 off ($1 for concession cards) when you transfer to a different mode of transport within an hour.
- Any trips on the same mode of transport, within an hour of each other, will count as one trip.
- By playing your cards right you can earn rewards points by topping up your Opal card.
Want to skip public transport all together? See our deals for cheap ride sharesBack to top
Latest travel offers
Ask an Expert